Menu

🙄 How to Screw Up a Two-Ingredient Recipe or: Cooking With Artists 🙄

Rebel Yell

I love and adore my Artists. They bring so much into my life that I never knew I was missing.

But for goodness sakes, I absolutely CANNOT be anywhere near the kitchen with them.

We do a mix of super-healthy cooking from scratch, convenience foods, and mid-level standard Amarican food.

Today's project: Cherry pie. Made with Aldis refrigerated pie crusts and canned cherry pie filling. (OK, THREE ingredients if you count the egg white brushed on the top crust.)

Pie crust box says to bake for 20mins at 375*F, OR AS DIRECTED IN RECIPE. Cans of pie filling (I got two out and set them on the counter, and TOLD THEM they need both cans) said to bake at 425*F for 40-50 mins.

So, they put one can of pie filling in, and it is currently baking at 375* and not getting done. Didn't read the directions on the can. I got everything out and told them what the can said, because these are Artists who can put together furniture without looking at he instruction sheet. But they don't remember.

But it is GORGEOUS. Neat, evenly crimped edges, perfectly placed egg wash. Beautiful design for the venting.

And I'm sure it will taste fine. If not, I'll just eat the pie filling directly from the other can. 😎

• Like 4

Sounds delicious! Glad it turned out.

There's an Artist here, too. The kitchen is quite the adventure. Who needs a recipe? Just throw yummy stuff in a bowl, mix it, throw it in the oven. Can't tell you how many times we've had failures. They smell good while baking though.

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 1

You know, I have to say that that would probably confuse me too, at least the first time (and I'm no artist!). To me, cans of pie filling don't really constitute a recipe. The difference, though, is that I would find someone to ask about it before I made the final call on baking time. Odds are that I'd probably come here to gather the Hive's expertise :lol: 

• Like 1