Menu

Well, I'm kinda pissed! Ranty post

So I was all ready to watch a fun old movie with 2 ds' and dh--Murder By Death, if you've ever heard of it. I left about 6:30 to take dd to her old girl scout leader's house, where she is spending the night before encampment tomorrow--a special treat, indeed. I TOLD dh that I was going to chat a bit with the mom, because we haven't seen each other for nearly 5 months. He AGREED that watching a movie tonight might be fun (and we really need a little family fun around here).

So I get home and he and my 16yo have gone to work out at the gym. They "waited" for me, decided they wanted to work out instead, and took my car and left. (Insert pout and crossed arms, stamp foot and push out lower lip)

Now no movie, no family time, and I'm pissed. My other son is acting like I "ruined" the evening by staying out an hour to talk. We don't start movies around here til at least 8, and I was home about 8:30.

GEEZ. Can't I even have a little fun, ONCE IN A FRIGGIN' WHILE?

Why couldn't they have waited a little?

I'm sorry, too, Chris. Do you want me to drive up there and kick them all in the shins?:D

This is the only line I can remember, but it comes in handy once in a while:

"This conversation like television on honeymoon - not necessary."

LOVE that line!! Hahahaha!

Hey, Kathleen: Is that whole shin-kicking thang a service you provide on an hourly basis? :001_huh: Good to know! :D

LOVE that line!! Hahahaha!

Hey, Kathleen: Is that whole shin-kicking thang a service you provide on an hourly basis? :001_huh: Good to know! :D

Whenever anyone around here does something rude or thoughtless, my usual response is to ask someone else to go over and kick them in the shins. Sometimes I will just ask the offender if they want *me* to kick them in the shins. There are no bruised shins here, but it gets the point across.:)

They won't be back til I'm in bed--gotta go to bed early because we are leaving at 6-Friggin' 30 for VCU Open House.

"Friggin" in the word of the evening.

good thought about the popcorn and brownies, tho!

Oh man. That's WAY too early to stay up so late. I'm so sorry. I vote for having Kathleen kick them in the shins. I'd also like to know her hourly rate? I'm sure I could use her around here. (Oh - and be sure to ask for the clergy discount! LOL)

They won't be back til I'm in bed--gotta go to bed early because we are leaving at 6-Friggin' 30 for VCU Open House.

"Friggin" in the word of the evening.

good thought about the popcorn and brownies, tho!

Gack!

I was feeling bad about the way your night went but the 6:30am thing...that's just wrong.