Menu

Rice cooker & recipes

Hilltopmom

I use it for rice, rice mixes, quinoa, couscous, and since mine doubles as a steamer, steamed vegetables and eggs (in lieu of boiling them).

You may go straight to the instapot, but I like separate tools because if I'm making a meat based entree in the pressure cooker, I still use the rice cooker for side dishes. Not every meal is a one-pot thing.

• Like 1

Our Zojirushi makes fantastic steel cut oats on the porridge setting. I set it up the night before and use the time - perfect oats are waiting for me i the morning.

My college son does this almost everyday during the school year. He adds a banana and some reduced sugar dried cranberries before cooking and chopped walnuts and slivered almonds after.

I've done grits in mine. I also like to put rice in the bottom, veggies on top, and a flank steak on the grill. When I do rice for burritos (usually cilantro-garlic-lime) I warm the tortillas on the top. If I need lunch and I just have little bits of meat and beans or veggies, I toss it all in with some rice and salsa, and serve in tortillas (warned on top) with cheese. It easily turns leftovers-for-one into lunch for 4. I've done steel cut oats in it. Chili too.

I travel with it more than my crockpot because the lid is more secure.