Menu

Who's going to tackle healthy eating/exercise with me Wednesday?

sheryl

Hi All!

How have y'all done today?

Breakfast - 1 cracker/1T pesto quinoa (TJ's), coffee

Lunch - veggie burger on 1/2 bun (bottom half)

Snack -  cracker w/1 T cream cheese

Dinner -  chicken Florentine (in slow cooker now!), maybe cole slaw

Exercise: 30 min treadmill (repeat)

eta:  10 - 15 min. free weights

Edited by sheryl

breakfast: fruit salad with yoghurt 

lunch: crepes with fresh fruit

dinner: tomato mozzarella salad

Still can't exercise. Tried mowing lawn, which was a mistake. So more sitting on my butt.

ETA: And no, cannot do yoga or something like that, because weird foot positions trigger pain.

Edited by regentrude

crepes are oh so good!  dd started making these a few years ago and makes them a few times a year.  they are so rich b/c we layer with cream cheese, coconut, pecans, 5-7 chocolate chips and fruit.  it's almost a desert.  it's a meal and desert all in one!  sorry about your foot/leg. 

crepes are oh so good!  dd started making these a few years ago and makes them a few times a year.  they are so rich b/c we layer with cream cheese, coconut, pecans, 5-7 chocolate chips and fruit.  it's almost a desert.  it's a meal and desert all in one!  sorry about your foot/leg. 

I don't do the cream cheese and chocolate, too deserty, and too much for a midday meal.

I just do plain crepes with fruit on top

breakfast: fruit salad with yoghurt 

lunch: crepes with fresh fruit

dinner: tomato mozzarella salad

Still can't exercise. Tried mowing lawn, which was a mistake. So more sitting on my butt.

ETA: And no, cannot do yoga or something like that, because weird foot positions trigger pain.

Could you swing a kettlebell? When I broke my foot last year, that is what I did to get my heartrate up. I found it to be very effective and even now, I will swing the kettlebell a couple times a day just to ramp up my metabolism.

Could you swing a kettlebell? When I broke my foot last year, that is what I did to get my heartrate up. I found it to be very effective and even now, I will swing the kettlebell a couple times a day just to ramp up my metabolism.

that would require venturing out and getting a kettlebell, LOL.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cardio kickboxing this morning.

B- smoothie

L- 3 black olives, 2 baby tomatoes, 1.5 chickpea patties, and herbed potato salad (no mayo and so good!)

S- 3  small peanut butter cookies and an apple

D- Happiness soup and veggie flatbread

I have read that people who fidget burn up to 300 more calories a day than those who don't.

I did my TRX class at the gym this morning and went for a walk as well.  

Brunch: scrambled eggs, yogurt with berries, nuts, coconut, and ground chia seeds.

Dinner: Big salad with 4 oz of salmon, goat cheese, and dressing.

Dessert: berries with cream whipped with cream cheese

Brfst: cherries, 1 pc toast & peanutbutter

Lun: salad with ham, cheddar, a few pepitas, 4 triscuits and goat cheese, popcorn at beach

Din:salad w/ extra lean taco meat, cheddar, tomato and avocado, brownie

I picked berries, did a modified yoga flow and went to the beach( ok, it's a flooded gravel quarry but we're landlocked here). I was hoping for another walk this pm but thunderstorm is rolling in 🙄

Edited by joyofsix

Today was mixed.

Breakfast - two scrambled eggs with provolone cheese on whole grain English muffin, tea with honey

Lunch - a bowl of cereal  :glare:  ETA: it was Great Grains with banana.  I wanted the Lucky Charms  but I resisted.

Dinner - a large salad with chicken, avocado, and a ton of veggies, organic sesame ginger dressing with no HFCS or added sugar.

Exercise:

Walking around with my son playing Pokémon Go.  We had to go to the store and discovered a Pokestop at a park up the road, then had to wander around while dd was at swim team practice, then stopped at another park.  Still not a ton of steps but it was a start.

Edited by Where's Toto?

First day of a short vacation and it's already challenging.

Breakfast out -- 2 scrambled eggs, 3 slices of bacon, one piece of whole wheat toast (dry)

Lunch--Pimento cheese sandwich, Wheat Thins, fruit

Dinner--Small piece of ribeye (maybe 3 oz. at most), grilled veggies, fruit

It's incredibly hot and humid and I haven't walked much. Haven't quite hit 10,000 steps yet.

Have to remind myself that I can't let DH and the boys influence me. They can eat SO much more!

Regentrude, I'm sorry about your toe. Hope it gets better soon!