Menu

It seems Palin isn't as well versed on energy, or Alaska, as she claimed!

This is the title of the article, not blog:

Palin wrongly suggests Congress bans oil exports

and this is the link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081010/ap_on_el_pr/palin_oil_exports

I find this quite amusing, considering this is what she kept saying was her forte, and tried to refer to whenever she didn't know the answer to anything else. And she was talking about her own state!

Don't you guys get tired of the out and out bashing you do here?

:lol: First of all, I didn't bash--I stated a fact, unlike so many who bash, bash, bash--most bash democrats like anything! They post blog after blog, with not a shred of truth and never research anything--so people know--a blog, and wikipedia, both!!! do not equal truth!!

Also, I will just say I would be careful of whom I accused of bashing. Glass houses and all.

Don't you guys get tired of the out and out bashing you do here?
Are you suggesting that the information is false?

:iagree: And here's a link if you want to check my facts:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2008/10/07/palins_unamerican/index.html

:lol: First of all, I didn't bash--I stated a fact, unlike so many who bash, bash, bash--most bash democrats like anything! They post blog after blog, with not a shred of truth and never research anything--so people know--a blog, and wikipedia, both!!! do not equal truth!!

This is the title of the article, not blog:

Palin wrongly suggests Congress bans oil exports

and this is the link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081010/ap_on_el_pr/palin_oil_exports

I find this quite amusing, considering this is what she kept saying was her forte, and tried to refer to whenever she didn't know the answer to anything else. And she was talking about her own state!

I never chime in, but I think I will add, I don't think she is well versed in any subject, other than being a 'hockey mom'. If you really listen to her, she makes no sense, whatsoever. I cannot bear to watch, its a train wreck.

Bash over.

I know just how you feel. I feel the same way when I see and hear Sarah Palin speaking at campaign rallies. Sickening, isn't it?

I'm tired of the tirading, hate filled speech. I'm tired of people being so gleeful and shouting "Phony!" I don't see anything redeeming coming out of all these posts, just more hate.

I know just how you feel. I feel the same way when I see and hear Sarah Palin speaking at campaign rallies. Sickening, isn't it?

:lol:

However, I wouldn't put checking her facts in the borderline hate speech category. Facts should be fair game.

I never chime in, but I think I will add, I don't think she is well versed in any subject, other than being a 'hockey mom'. If you really listen to her, she makes no sense, whatsoever. I cannot bear to watch, its a train wreck.

Bash over.

Well, I'll say it right now... she's doesn't know jack-all about being a hockey mom. She doesn't have the experience to back up that kind of claim. At. All!

I'm pretty offended that she trots that out so much. :angry:

My reference was to the fear mongering and inciting hate regarding Obama that Palin has been doing here lately. She gets the crowds so worked up that they are screaming things like "terrorist" and "kill him(Obama)". I'm tired of "the tirading, hate filled speech", also.

:lol:

However, I wouldn't put checking her facts in the borderline hate speech category. Facts should be fair game.

Edited by melmac

My reference was to the fear mongering and inciting hate regarding Obama that Palin has been doing here lately. She gets the crowds so worked up that they are screaming things like "terrorist" and "kill him(Obama)".
I know. I was more responding to the idea of "adding to" the tirading hate-filled speech. I should have quoted True Blue to make that clear. Sorry. :)

So, hate speech... bad. Fact checking, OK. :)

My reference was to the fear mongering and inciting hate regarding Obama that Palin has been doing here lately. She gets the crowds so worked up that they are screaming things like "terrorist" and "kill him(Obama)". I'm tired of "the tirading, hate filled speech", also.

I've been trying to avoid all of the political news, it had gotten so bad--I didn't realize she had been that bad, until I read an article about how she wasn't letting press into her rallies in FL, I believe it was--and some of what was heard on the way out. It was truly frightening.

Yes, I have to agree, "the tirading, hate filled speech" has to go.

Well, if you want to add to it. I don't think you guys are convincing anyone and you aren't coming across as compassionate or passionate about anything worthy and I think that's too bad.

I am with you on this! I think cat fight every time I see one of these threads.... Not very flattering to think of women in that light but that is the general feel I get from these threads..... A bunch of cats sharpening their claws and yowling and after awhile it just gets boring... same old same old vitriol.

:) Thanks for clarifying and I agree.

I know. I was more responding to the idea of "adding to" the tirading hate-filled speech. I should have quoted True Blue to make that clear. Sorry. :)

So, hate speech... bad. Fact checking, OK. :)

lol:lol:

You're laughing. Why are you laughing?

You have no idea how serious I am, do you? :glare: Her constant reference to being "just a hockey mom" is so incredibly insulting.

As IF any of US would even let her sit next to us. She's a wannabe hockey mom. She's done nothing to earn the badge.

Yes, I suppose it does look that way when two comments in agreement are made and then someone who doesn't agree jumps in with both feet declaring we don't have the right to express our opinions, just because she doesn't agree with them. I kinda understand why she supports Palin, what with some voters supporting the candidate they can relate to. :)

I am with you on this! I think cat fight every time I see one of these threads.... Not very flattering to think of women in that light but that is the general feel I get from these threads..... A bunch of cats sharpening their claws and yowling and after awhile it just gets boring... same old same old vitriol.

Nobody is *trying* to change your mind. We were simply talking amongst ourselves, in agreement and here you come...

It's boring that everyone wants to one up bad behavior, like that makes it right or will convince anyone of anything. I don't see anything here that will change my mind and the nastiness just repels me.

Have you seen my avatar, cats for peace.

Nice avatar and those kitties sure do look peaceful don't they ;) Yeppers sharp claws they have and a far cry from Gandhi or The Reverend Martin Luther King. Names I do come up with when I free associate the word peace... Kind of an oxymoron or maybe just a paradox..... peace and cat claws...... When I free associate the word peace..... cat claws always come to mind :rolleyes:

Less anyone think I am a feline hater I will state that I am the owner of 4, Baby Leo Kitty being the youngest, who also thinks peace and cat claws are an oxymoron..

Yes, I suppose it does look that way when two comments in agreement are made and then someone who doesn't agree jumps in with both feet declaring we don't have the right to express our opinions, just because she doesn't agree with them. I kinda understand why she supports Palin, what with some voters supporting the candidate they can relate to. :)

Oh you have read me wrong, the cat fight is y'all with Palin.

Nice avatar and those kitties sure do look peaceful don't they ;) Yeppers sharp claws they have and a far cry from Gandhi or The Reverend Martin Luther King. Names I do come up with when I free associate the word peace... Kind of an oxymoron or maybe just a paradox..... peace and cat claws...... When I free associate the word peace..... cat claws always come to mind :rolleyes:

Less anyone think I am a feline hater I will state that I am the owner of 4, Baby Leo Kitty being the youngest, who also thinks peace and cat claws are an oxymoron..

Hey, he was our prez pic. He doesnt have claws. Oh yeah, btw my kitties are clawless.

Hey, he was our prez pic. He doesnt have claws. Oh yeah, btw my kitties are clawless.

No, No, Newbie! Say it ain't so! You didn't declaw your kitties? I love them, btw!

Is anyone ever going to show me how to get an avatar, or am I going to be forever ???

(NO, it doesn't mean clueless!!! Or that's my story!:D)

Well 3 of the 4 are front clawless but Baby Leo Kitty due to my dh has kept all his claws :glare: and all my door and window trim bear witness :eek:

REBECCA C!! I LOVE your DH!! In a purely platonic, never met him-never will, virtual sort of way!;)

I declawed my first three cats as an adult, and so regret it now! I had no idea what it was! The vets say it is really just taking out their claws, blah, blah, blah--it is cutting off part of their bone! It is hideous, painful, mutilating, horror!!!! I am so ashamed I ever did this to my cats, I can't tell you. Spare Baby Leo Kitty!!!! Please!!!!!

No, No, Newbie! Say it ain't so! You didn't declaw your kitties? I love them, btw!

Is anyone ever going to show me how to get an avatar, or am I going to be forever ???

(NO, it doesn't mean clueless!!! Or that's my story!:D)

I know, I am a horrible person. I have one declawed and one not. I just couldnt do it to the second one. I feel the guilt every time I look at her shrively paws. She has her ways of making me pay, like waking me up at 6 in the morning.

Maybe I can redeem myself w/ avatar help. Here goes, go to edit avatar, and click browse and pick a picture from your pic folder. You can get pics from anywhere you google, just right click and save as pic. Tell me if it works, because I am not tech savvy either.

Yeah, I've always thought it mean spirited to call folks liars despite them having the facts to back up what they say. It's of no consequence to me if you're convinced or not, I'm not trying to convince anyone. I was simply trying to discuss the facts.

No one said you didn't have the right to express your opinions. This thread sure seems mean-spirited. If you want to insult me fine that's your right. But do you think it convinces anyone?

Excuse me, but a REAL hockey mom doesn't cat fight. A REAL hockey mom throws down the gloves and goes for the shirting.

I see no hockey moms on this board :closedeyes: Ms Palin is not here just gals who throw down their gloves and claw her up.... Again just the same ole same ole... :bored: Wonder how long before this thread get deleted?

Edited by RebeccaC

Hey, I'm way past the Palin thing, here is the really important stuff--info from PETA.org on declawing cats:

"If you asked your cat if it would be okay to put her through 10 separate, painful amputations that would weaken her legs, shoulders, and back muscles, she would probably say "no"?and she wouldn?t be alone. Many veterinarians in the U.S. and abroad absolutely refuse to declaw cats. In fact, in Germany and some other parts of Europe, declawing is illegal. Cats who have been declawed experience extreme pain when coming out of anesthesia and have difficulty walking until their paws heal. Without their claws, cats are virtually defenseless, and this can lead to neurosis and even skin and bladder problems."

This is the link:

http://www.petasearch.org/texis/search/context.html?query=declaw+cats&pr=US+sites&prox=page&rorder=1000&rprox=1000&rdfreq=250&rwfreq=1000&rlead=1000&rdepth=62&sufs=0&order=r&cq=&cmd=context&id=48e471b1d#hit1

Oh, again, I always post a link, and it is never from a blog :)

It seems tame to me.

Basic premise is she does not support her statements w/facts. I dont see that as bashing. I think McCain is an okay speaker, Biden is okay, Obama is good.

I think the statement goes, I am an equal oppurtunity eye roller, I am looking at it from the outside in. I have no political bias whatsoever.

"Her constant reference to being "just a hockey mom" is so incredibly insulting.

As IF any of US would even let her sit next to us. She's a wannabe hockey mom. She's done nothing to earn the badge"

a little hesitant to jump in here, especially as a newbie to the board, since it does seem to be getting a bit touchy, and I don't know how to do the quote thing but I did want to ask why you thought her hockey mom "credentials" are phony?

Just to get this straight: I don't actually like Sarah Palin, either her personality, which just rubs me wrong, or her policies, which don't coincide with mine, but the one thing I do think she is, is a hockey mom. Frankly I don't think she is a whole lot more, but I do think she is that. I live in the same community as Sarah Palin, and have met her a few times, and my kids hockey coach used to be her kids hockey coach (and actually rumors abound about her having had an affair with him, but that's another story alltogether and probably just a rumor). Anyway, wondered why you thought that was phony?

Hey, I'm way past the Palin thing, here is the really important stuff--info from PETA.org on declawing cats:

"If you asked your cat if it would be okay to put her through 10 separate, painful amputations that would weaken her legs, shoulders, and back muscles, she would probably say "no"?and she wouldn?t be alone. Many veterinarians in the U.S. and abroad absolutely refuse to declaw cats. In fact, in Germany and some other parts of Europe, declawing is illegal. Cats who have been declawed experience extreme pain when coming out of anesthesia and have difficulty walking until their paws heal. Without their claws, cats are virtually defenseless, and this can lead to neurosis and even skin and bladder problems."

This is the link:

http://www.petasearch.org/texis/search/context.html?query=declaw+cats&pr=US+sites&prox=page&rorder=1000&rprox=1000&rdfreq=250&rwfreq=1000&rlead=1000&rdepth=62&sufs=0&order=r&cq=&cmd=context&id=48e471b1d#hit1

Aha! So, you are the one who was talking to my dh! Hmmm maybe you could come on over and help him replace all the trim and then cover it with some sort of shield :)

Baby Leo Kitty thanks you for your concern :D and was wondering if you would pay his PETA dues.... ;)

Edited by RebeccaC

This is the link:

I am totally w/you. I will not declaw, I will not declaw, I will not declaw.

Aha! So, you are the one who was talking to my dh! Hmmm maybe you could come on over and help him replace all the trim and then cover it with some sort of shield :)

Baby Leo Kitty thanks you for your concern :D

It wasn't me, I swear--although I do wish I could take credit for it!

When we move, and can actually afford decent furniture, this is what my daughter is already dreaming of. Don't you think Baby Leo Kitty would look cool in this?

http://www.softpaws.com/ All different colors available :D

No one called you a liar. I told someone not to lie because they were. Go back and read the thread.

If you are trying to infer that I lied, I'd love for you to go ahead and say that! Then show me where! And, btw, the only nastiness I've seen AT ALL has been from you! Otherwise, we've been having fun!

It wasn't me, I swear--although I do wish I could take credit for it!

When we move, and can actually afford decent furniture, this is what my daughter is already dreaming of. Don't you think Baby Leo Kitty would look cool in this?

http://www.softpaws.com/ All different colors available :D

Okay, now wait, I think you are my hero (tongue in cheek :tongue_smilie: ;) )

Do these things glue on their nails? Have you used them? What about the litter box? and Baby Leo Kitty thinks he will look like a girl and wants to know if there are boy softpaws.......

Do these things glue on their nails? Have you used them? What about the litter box? and Baby Leo Kitty thinks he will look like a girl and wants to know if there are boy softpaws.......

Nothin like a good chuckle before I go to bed. I still say Baby Leo Kitty for prez. Do you have pics yet of our nominee? I know he was sitting back and now he is going to go into the election w/ a bang.

I haven't used them, but have read of them for a while, and met people who swear by them. Post here and see if someone has! & tell Baby Leo they have all diff colors, even black & orange for Halloween :).