Menu

BA how much time

visitor

We do about 2 -3 pages a day and spend about 30 mins.

That said, my kid reads the Guides on his own time. The 30 mins is just us using the Practice book, I read through the example problem of a new topic with him and make sure he's thinking the right way, then he does the problems and I coach him through anything he gets stuck on.

• Like 2

We do 30 min a day whether that is 10 pages or 1 problem! We started with one hour and worked down to 30 min as that was how long it takes before he grows weary. He does Xtra Math or khan academy some days as well after his 30min of BA.

Same as above, we spend about half an hour a day doing the problems. Some days that is one page, some days that is 10 pages. On days where she reads the guide we only do about 15 minutes of problems after the reading

We do about 2 -3 pages a day and spend about 30 mins.

That said, my kid reads the Guides on his own time. The 30 mins is just us using the Practice book, I read through the example problem of a new topic with him and make sure he's thinking the right way, then he does the problems and I coach him through anything he gets stuck on.

Now why didn't I think of that?!

With my youngest about 30 and with my oldest it became closer to 45 - 60. We don't go by number of pages because it can really vary depending on what's on the page. And, if the work is really frustrating, doesn't matter how much time we've spent on it, we just put it away and pick it up the next day. With a fresh mind, they are usually able to tackle it and work it out.

Same as above, we spend about half an hour a day doing the problems. Some days that is one page, some days that is 10 pages. On days where she reads the guide we only do about 15 minutes of problems after the reading

This is us pretty much. DS also likes taking all the BA books to his room to read in bed. BA has to be one of the only math curriculums that kids take to read in bed on their own. :-)

The kid I used it with has a low tolerance for frustration. He read the guides on his own for fun, but I read the guides out loud to him--because without me there, he sped through the cartoons with zero retention. Then we'd work through workbook problems together until his brain was tired. Maybe 20 minutes altogether? We went through the books at a slow pace. I felt like I was using it wrong, since I provided so much scaffolding, but his problem-solving skills and endurance increased greatly over the 2 years or so that we used it. He's quite happily working through pre-algebra now.

Edited by TKDmom