Menu

ACORN...is anyone else concerned about this group....

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10102008/news/politics/1_voter__72_registrations_132965.htm

Excerpt:

"ACORN's political wing has endorsed Barack Obama for president, but Ben LaBolt, a spokesman for the Obama campaign in Ohio, said ACORN has no role in its get-out-the-vote drive.

During the primary season, however, the Obama camp paid another group, Citizen Service Inc., $832,598 for various political services, according to Federal Elections Commission filings. That group and ACORN share the same board of directors."

I'll file that under shady.

Edited by Jean too

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the plot thickens...those who are saying this isn't a big deal because they have to put their social security number on the ballot (the last 4 numbers minimally)..consider this current scenario.
It's not that they're not supposed to use Social Security rolls when purging voter lists, it's that they're supposed to use them as a last resort, because it's the least reliable method. But you're conflating (or perhaps confusing?) two different issues: the purging of existing voter rolls and the checking of new applications. Please check your facts. I don't see you actually refuting mine.

ma23peas, I'm still waiting for your proof that ACORN purposefully recruited people that had been convicted if identity theft crimes. Heck, I might even settle for knowingly hired, if you can provide some numbers. I'd also like to see the proof you have that significant (i.e. more than a handful) of fraudulent voter registration applications submitted by ACORN have resulted in actual votes being cast.

You are making a number of very specific allegations that you are unable to back up with data. Speculation is not proof. Even my pre-logic stage 6yo understands this.

Edited to add: OK, I was a tad disingenuous -- my 6yo probably is logic stage.

Edited by nmoira

Here's an article from Talking Points Memo about the ACORN situation. For those who won't touch TPM (despite its high degree of journalistic integrity) because it's a "liberal" site , there are a some links to Dallas News articles you might find interesting.

Very interesting, nmoira. I always find Talking Points Memo to be more...measured than a lot of the blogs out there. They also do a lot of actual investigative work instead of just rallying the base and throwing propaganda around. Thanks for posting--I'm sure we're all interested in hearing all sides of this story!