Menu

Ideas for a 15 year old dd birthday

Okra

Yes, definitely involve your dd in the planning. I've seen thing like a sleepover, with a make your own food item (mini pizza, sundaes, tacos, etc) and a movie projected on the wall, or board games and making cookies, or spa stuff ( the can mix that up, too).

• Like 1

Oh yes.....I have asked her what she wants to do.  :)  It would make it easy to do whatever she wanted!  But, she would like ideas.  A sleep over is not an option.  The majority of her friends are Muslim, and do not do sleep overs.  She asked me to come up with good ideas. LOL  I am turning to the hive to receive help.

I do think they are most likely going to hang out here, although going someplace is definitely an option.  Ideas? Outside things are not an option either, as it is way too hot.

Do the teenagers participate in Ramadan? I think that would impact your decision if they cannot eat during the day, too. 

What I have done for my teen daughters - I have a sunporch but a dining room would work, where  I put a long table with a long tablecloth (or even sheets). Then I string white Christmas lights everywhere from walll to wall. I line the the table with votive candles. I then set up a buffet so they can serve themselves and feel all grown up etc.. Both girls have enjoyed this and it is not too costly as I make a pasta dish, breadsticks, salad, mozerella sticks, and cake. 

• Like 1

Oh, yeah, Ramadan will definitely make a difference, if the party is during it.

Would they like to do some pottery painting? Or paint flower pots and plant something? Or make t shirts with tie dye or another way?

Is bowling an option?

How about ice skating?

Laser tag?

Game Night, with something like Spoons and Apples to Apples? We did that at dd's Sweet 16, and put up a homemade photo booth. Tons of fun and not expensive.3 hour party was just long enough.

First be aware of any dietary restrictions.

Usually an activity is good if the group isn't a close bunch of friends... A paint your own pottery or an under 21 directed paining place (various chains and independent, everyone pairs the same thing?) is good... It gives something to focus on and something to talk about later.

A fifties party, where they dress up (possibly) and watch Grease.  Milkshakes in fun glasses (I've seen the glasses at the dollar store).  Old records used for decorations.  Lots of pink and black streamers.  Diner food.  

Roller skating.  Trampoline park.  Water park.  

A murder mystery party.

We like themed parties at our house.  Pick a favorite movie to watch and plan decorations and food around it.