Menu

Book a Week 2016 - BW25: summer and winter solstice

Robin M

I stopped by the library to pick up a DVD of Jaws (the recent college grad has never seen it and it is not available on Netflix or Amazon prime) and, thanks to a used book sale, came home with a grocery bag full of books. As if my dusty stack weren't tall enough!  I got a few mysteries, 3 of the Wheel of Time books, and an assortment of other things. 

Congrats to Heather's ds for his advancing in Tae Kwon Do. I took my black belt test 12 years ago -- didn't pass it, started training for a do over and, for a variety of reasons, never re-tested.  No regrets -- I learned so much and now watch action movies and ultimate fights with a much keener sense of appreciation.

And safe travels to Robin and Kareni.  Mumto2 -- standing on concrete or stone for hours is never any good.  A nice soak in the tub with a good book should help!

• Like 7

Wife brag: Today my husband got his last of the colored belts (taekwondo).  He'll be testing in December for his first degree black belt.

Congrats to your dh, Heather. Black belt is quite an accomplishment.

Ds was in martial arts for many years and when he finally made it to black belt candidate he decided he was done. He said he might get back to it someday but I don't see it happening.

I stopped by the library to pick up a DVD of Jaws (the recent college grad has never seen it and it is not available on Netflix or Amazon prime)

I didn't realize the Jaws movies weren't on Netflix anymore. When ds was 12 or 13 we decided it was part of his pop culture education to watch Jaws. After that he wanted to watch all of them. We kept telling him it was only the first one he should be familiar with, and dh and I really had no desire to watch the others. Ds ended up watching the other three by himself (the whole franchise was on Netflix) and then told us we were right. lol
  • Like 6