Menu

Workbook based Language Arts 3rd or 4th grade??

The Cottage Press books look so lovely. Have you used them? Would you consider them complete for 3rd/4th grade age?

We are in the middle of the entire Primer series (1 and 2 are on RR, btw). So I have not used the 4th grade level with any of my brood, and won't until year after next.

But I love LOVE! LOVE! the primer series.

My oldest has also done CTGE 1-3, and I plan on the same course for my middle son. They're two very different animals.

So all I can say is that yes, CP is definitely complete. As long as you understand it's a CM-y sequence. You're using poems and whole stories (and some bible) for copywork, dictation, and grammar exercises.  And at least in primer, there's also some light nature study and picture study. you do need the teacher's guide. The books for primers are all open source and free online.

I think I'm going to order Climbing to Good English with my next order from Rainbow. It just seems too inexpensive not to take a closer look.

I have one with writing difficulty who needs to be independent because too much input from me is hard for her to process. But I can't have a workbook with too many sentences in an exercise for the same reason.

We are in the middle of the entire Primer series (1 and 2 are on RR, btw). So I have not used the 4th grade level with any of my brood, and won't until year after next.

But I love LOVE! LOVE! the primer series.

My oldest has also done CTGE 1-3, and I plan on the same course for my middle son. They're two very different animals.

So all I can say is that yes, CP is definitely complete. As long as you understand it's a CM-y sequence. You're using poems and whole stories (and some bible) for copywork, dictation, and grammar exercises.  And at least in primer, there's also some light nature study and picture study. you do need the teacher's guide. The books for primers are all open source and free online.

Thanks so much!

What is CTGE?

DD thoroughly enjoyed CLE reading this past year. I'm tempted to switch over to their full language arts program, but we enjoy and have had good success with Rod & Staff for grammar. And, we use AAS for spelling.

On another note, why have I never heard of this Cottage Press?! Are they new? Looks like something I could fall in love with, or fall in love with at least the idea of it.

Edited by pitterpatter