Menu

I'm so excited!

I finally got the OK from DH to homeschool next year!  I've been wanting this for years. Each year I get a little closer to convincing him but this spring it finally clicked for him.  He really struggles with change so making the decision was tough for him but last night he said we should do it!  Yay!  We haven't told the kids officially but they have been wanting to do it too so I'm excited to see their reactions.

I'll have a 6th grader, a 3rd grader, a 1st grader, and a toddler (almost 3) in the fall.  I already had a basic plan but I will be asking for lots of advice on curriculum choices and reading up on all your scheduling threads.  I've been on the boards for a while but I'm excited to finally be on the homeschooling side of things!!  :)

• Like 12

Congratulations!

My only advice is to go into it with the expectation that some things will not work out like you plan and there will be little tweaks and big bends on the journey :)

Thanks!  I have read enough on here to "know" that but I am sure I'll need reminders once we get going.  :)

• Like 1

Yay!! Congrats!

I remember how awesome it felt when my husband finally got on board with homeschooling. I did have some last minute panic -- I majorly second guessed myself the day before the "first day of school" for our public school. I will never forget how odd it felt on the first day of school that my child wasn't getting on the bus. Not only that, but she was still asleep in bed.

It is a wonderful family journey!

I am working on our curriculum for next year, along with schedules and planning (I am committed to having more "at home time" and more structure next year!)

I have a similar age spread as you, minus the 6th grader. My girls will be 3rd, 1st and PreK3 this fall.

Edited by Upptacka
  • Like 2

Awesome! There are so many benefits to homeschooling that I didn't foresee way back when. My dh was fine with it, but after seeing it in practice and seeing the kind of people our kids were b/c of our choices, his vote was to continue homeschooling all the way through high school. 

Welcome aboard to the ride of your life. :D

• Like 3

Sounds like you know what you are getting yourself into. Not joking, it's not an easy ride, but it has helped me immensely to acknowledge that since day one. Welcome to the homeschooling world! It doesn't matter how hard it is, I wouldn't change our lifestyle for anything.

Edited by mamiof5
  • Like 1