Menu

Any recommendations for a planner for a concurrent student?

I think planner choice is a very individual situation. I would take the student to a store (or look online if that isn't possible) to see the different varieties-----7 days on one page, 7 days on 2 pages, 1 day per page, printed lines or blank squares, etc. My 3 kids like 3 totally different types of paper planners!

My dd went back to a paper planner. 

In the past we had this type https://www.amazon.ca/Pierre-Belvedere-2015-2016-Academic-7707590/dp/B00ZPRW7EU

Now she's got a Moleskine - I think it's like this http://www.moleskine.com/en/collections/model/product/12-months-weekly-notebook-scarlet-red-hard-cover-large

She likes the week at a time. 

She also uses the "semester at a glance" method: print out one sheet of paper encompassing the whole semester. All the assignments, midterms, etc from the syllabus get put on there. She keeps that by her work area so she can always see what's coming up & how the workloads are looking so she can anticipate in advance. So for ex, if it's going to be busy in mid April, she would know she needs to get some of those assignments started way earlier... 

Edited by hornblower

Mine keep a bullet journal for school work.

Each summer I generate a year plan for each student. I break it into 6-weeks or quarters, depending on which kid. I hand them their semester - one in August and the other in January. It's up to them to plan out the daily and weekly details, which they do in their bullet journals. I check in every Monday to keep them on track, but they have the 6/9 weeks to get all of the work done for that "grading" period.

We are particular creatures and never found a perfect planner. One kid is a perfectionist who, if his planner was messed up in any way - like a crossing out or ripped page, would abandon the planner. The bullet journal isn't perfect, but works best for his needs.