Menu

What are my online DE options?

I don't mind researching my state's options. I'm more interested in private, accredited colleges that offer DE online.

Public colleges (typically online) in other states also offer some DE options.  

For example ASU (Arizona State) is currently offering an EdX College Algebra course which my DS is taking. It is pretty high quality for free/ or inexpensive certificate.  The 3 college credits which would cost you over $600 but you can defer that decision to near the end of the course.

• Like 1

Public colleges (typically online) in other states also offer some DE options.  

For example ASU (Arizona State) is currently offering an EdX College Algebra course which my DS is taking. It is pretty high quality for free/ or inexpensive certificate.  The 3 college credits which would cost you over $600 but you can defer that decision to near the end of the course.

That sounds great. That's the type of thing I'm looking for too.

The problem with private college courses is that the credits are less likely to be accepted elsewhere. We did DE, including online, through our state's CC system, specifically because I assumed my kids would continue at state universities.

I know both Liberty University and Cedarville University offer online DE courses. There must be an online resource to find a comprehensive list. I'm sure there are several dozens of schools that offer that.

• Like 1

The problem with private college courses is that the credits are less likely to be accepted elsewhere. We did DE, including online, through our state's CC system, specifically because I assumed my kids would continue at state universities.

I know both Liberty University and Cedarville University offer online DE courses. There must be an online resource to find a comprehensive list. I'm sure there are several dozens of schools that offer that.

In our experience, transfer between accredited schools is not a problem. Of our six who have gone to college, all have gone the Christian college route. One ended up transferring to a state school for his senior year, and his credits transferred over very well so that he was still able to finish on time and was admitted to a state dental school immediately following graduation. All that to say: I'm not super concerned about transferring credits. It seems to go fine if the school is accredited. 

I have an intense loathing for our own CC due to a horrid experience we had (not grade-related, ds got an A) and the bad experiences of friends. I do actually prefer the private schools, but I'm open to considering state options.

It would be nice to find a comprehensive list, but there's no substitute for personal experience. So I was hoping to hear some stories.

Bridgeway Academy offers DE through Pillar and Calvary but they are also part of the ACE consortium -over 1000 colleges and universities have accepted the credits. They are reasonably priced and run from 1 mth to a semester in length. See the list of courses offered here. 

I ran across this in a google search this morning and it looked interesting. Have you or any of your friends had experience with it?