Menu

4th grade Logic?

lgliser

Most of mine were ready for the puzzles recommended in TWTM by 4th. Mind Benders, Red Herrings, etc. Red Herrings is best with more than one kid, which it appears you've got covered.

They also liked Word Benders and Visual Mind Benders.

• Like 2

I have done lots of different kind of logic puzzles with my fourth grader -- we started in third. He has done the Mind Benders, Balance Benders, and others, from Critical Thinking Co, Logic Safari puzzles, Visual Discrimination from Didax, Analogy and rhyming workbooks. I use them as warmups, first thing in the morning. He does them independently and really enjoys them.

my oldest has done lollipop logic, logic safari, thinkables, and logic countdown. she is now doing a ctc mindbenders book and i have fallacy detective and thinklers for when she's done with that. my 1st and 2nd graders are doing lollipop logic. they think it's fun.

Edited by angelmama1209

Oh!  I guess I thought people started young.  And I suppose I don't mean to do anything TOO formal.... just like a mind bender type thing maybe?  I dunno though.... we already have enough to do probably!

CryptoMindBenders by The Critical Thinking Company have been a huge hit with my kids in fifth grade, and I bet a fourth grader could do them.  They just need to know the four basic math operations, IIRC.

We use books from the critical thinking company. Most of them listed above. In addition to those, we use books from the Prufrock company which are also listed above, logic countdown, lollipop logic, and primarily logic. Please note there are some overlap with the logic countdown series and primarily logic series. At least in the first book of each.

My children love these books.