Menu

Big mom fail, mad at myself

Janeway

Princess Glitter kept wanting to be the baby and sitting in the baby swing. She is pretty light weight for her age, but over the size limit. I kept telling her to stop but she would cry and insist she is the baby so I let her. I am such a wimpy parent. The baby still loves and needs the swing. The swing is broken now. I think she snapped something in the motor. The baby is crying over it as he loved his swing and all I can do is manually push him. That's not the same to him. I feel like I failed. I need to be a better parent and not let these things happen. It's not worth replacing the swing now.

Hey man.

If i told you i dropped the crystal pitcher ajd then said that because i dropped the pitcher, i am a bad homemaker and have weak moral fiber....would you think i was being way too hard on myself?

The correct answer is yes, and that is exactly what youre doing.

Its ok. I promise your kids will survive the great swing episode.

Get some sleep! Ask on your local fb page if anyone has a swing theyd sell for 5 or 10 bucks in the morning.

Edited by OKBud

Aw, poor baby!  Poor you, standing there pushing a swing!  I hope you can find another cheaply; those things are awesome.

Of COURSE the toddler wanted to ride in it.  That is what the older kid always wants to do!  The babies always make it look so fun.