Menu

Walking Dead 3/20 **spoilers**

Moxie

Scroll down

Well, crap. I liked Denise. She was the only townie that was interesting. And Abraham and Sasha make zero sense. And I don't like the idiot pretty boy Rosita is with. And, wth, Carol?!? You're leaving when the group most needs you?!?

Edited by Moxie

I agree. Denise was the only interesting townie so far. I liked her better than the mayor lady (forgot her name). They need to start from the ground up with the townies, introducing them to us--if that's the direction the show is going in. We know pretty much nothing about any other townie. Maybe our core group will be moving on and so they're killing off the last townie we care about before they all move out?

And then the fact that Denise was a doctor--ahhh! No doctor!?! That's a blow. Maybe they didn't want a doctor on the show? Even if she barely knows anything? Because then our characters will be in even more danger since they can't get basic medical care?

What did Denise mean, "I've been trained for this..." when she was ranting on the tracks about Daryl being chosen because he makes her feel safe and Rosita was chosen because she's alone for the first time. Was she a psychiatrist in her former life? That confused me because I didn't know what her "training" was in.

Abraham and Sasha just don't seem to work for me. I wonder, however, if we'd like Abraham more and think they'd be a better match if he had more classic good looks. As an American audience member, we're so used to all our actors being above-average in looks that maybe we don't like Abraham as much because he's such an ordinary looking guy. If you watch British tv, they allow more actors who don't have classic good looks, but it's rare on American tv, especially for a "good guy" character, to look so very ordinary. Sometimes I wonder if I'd think Abraham and Sasha or Rosita would work better if he was simply a better looking man, which makes me feel shallow.

Rosita is just with that guy because she's either afraid to be alone or he's a rebound guy. He's just a warm body. And as an undeveloped townie character, we don't really know anything about him. All we'd need is one good strong episode with a townie in it, and we'd like that townie. It makes me wonder if the reason we aren't learning more about townies is just a budget constraint. These actors have to be paid for their screen time after all. You can only pay so many people at once before you break the budget. I think the writers/producers (or whoever makes these decisions) don't want to kill off any characters and there is no room to add more without killing off old ones. Speaking of that:

Is that what's up with Carol leaving? Do they mean to write her out of the show?!?!?!? (Nooooooooo!). I'm pretty sure what it was meant to be obvious that Morgan is going to follow her--right? He looked resigned at the end like, "Gotta go watch Carol's back, even though she won't want me to." Did everyone else catch that, or was I making that up in my head?

Maybe they're writing Carol and Morgan out so they can add a townie? And maybe later they'll kill off the townie and Carol and Morgan can come back. Maybe the writers made Carol too strong and capable and she's always the secret weapon that swoops in to save the day and now they have to get rid of her. And maybe they don't know what to do with Mogan's sense of black and white--maybe it keeps Rick's group in check too much and they need him gone so Rick's group can be wild.

I really liked the episode with Denise and that Wolf guy (the one where he sort of helps her escape the walkers before they get him).  I thought it really showed she was a person of character, concerned (to a degree, the guy DID kidnap her) about even a killer and that he still had the capacity to change.  We all had our jaws dropped when she was hit.

I don't know what is up with Carol and I don't like it.  It seems like her characterization is all over the place and it leaves me not KNOWING her, which is annoying.

I have no idea how Abraham is written in the comics but he is annoying as hell to me.  What kind of strong woman finds that crap attractive in the least?  And he's got a thing for turds and dingleberries, sheesh.

I LOVE Carol. I will be very sad if she stays gone... and what are the odds she can stay under the radar of bad guys???

I knew the doctor was dying if Eugene lived, lol. But I liked her and am sorry about it.

I'm not sure where they're going here, but without Carol it can't be good. She's already come back and saved them before, she can't keep doing it forever, lol.

I'm trying to figure out what the plan is with Carol. I feel like there's some story left there, but I also worry they just wanted to write her out without showing her die.

What was with the loose cement block in the cell? You think Morgan hid something behind it?

I really liked Denise! Maybe they should have told her the reason they didn't want her to go wasn't because she had no experience out there, but because she's the only doctor they have. Yes, Garga, actually a psychiatrist.

Ok when do we see the hilltop people again? Did "Jesus" go back to his group? I feel like they just left us hanging. I hope the OB/GYN doctor is still alive.

Was Carol previously religious? I didn't even know if she was familiar with how the rosary is prayed and now it looks like she's praying with it? And she started smoking again(?). I didn't remember a time when she did smoke, but maybe she did many seasons ago?

I know this is a dog eat dog world, but I was really shocked at how rude that guy was that stole Daryl's bike -- Daryl was not a bad guy to them in the end. Why hold a grudge against Daryl?

How did that one guy NOT end up hurting Eugene? I know he was distracted/being bitten or whatever, but it seemed like he could have defended himself a little. I think his gun was taken at some point maybe, but I may need to rewatch.

Are antibiotics still good that long after exp. dates?

I'm trying to figure out what the plan is with Carol. I feel like there's some story left there, but I also worry they just wanted to write her out without showing her die.

What was with the loose cement block in the cell? You think Morgan hid something behind it?

****I think so. Of course, if he goes after Carol, like I think he might, then that cement block might not come back into the story...but I don't think they'd take the time to film it if they didn't have a reason for it later. Or maybe someone will get locked in there and find whatever it was he hid. They say if you're going to have someone use a gun in scene 2, you need to show the gun hanging on the mantle in scene 1. So, maybe this is a set up for later when someone discovers what was behind the cinderblock.

I really liked Denise! Maybe they should have told her the reason they didn't want her to go wasn't because she had no experience out there, but because she's the only doctor they have. Yes, Garga, actually a psychiatrist.

********Thanks for the confirmation. I suppose I could have googled it. Yes, I'd have told her that she needs to stay because she's a doctor and that we'd get everything in the store. She still needs training on how to defend herself, of course, and maybe they thought this would be an easy run and a good start?

Ok when do we see the hilltop people again? Did "Jesus" go back to his group? I feel like they just left us hanging. I hope the OB/GYN doctor is still alive.

**********I think they left us hanging because you can only focus on so much per episode or it gets too choppy. They'll probably come up again in the next episode.

Was Carol previously religious? I didn't even know if she was familiar with how the rosary is prayed and now it looks like she's praying with it? And she started smoking again(?). I didn't remember a time when she did smoke, but maybe she did many seasons ago?

************I was thinking of rewatching the first season. In the first season, Carol was such a mouse I didn't pay any attention to her character. I'd like to go back and see if anything happening in this season relates back to how she was when we met her: completely beaten down.

I know this is a dog eat dog world, but I was really shocked at how rude that guy was that stole Daryl's bike -- Daryl was not a bad guy to them in the end. Why hold a grudge against Daryl?

**********I can't remember the storyline with that guy. He was all burned up. Did Daryl do that? I can't remember.

How did that one guy NOT end up hurting Eugene? I know he was distracted/being bitten or whatever, but it seemed like he could have defended himself a little. I think his gun was taken at some point maybe, but I may need to rewatch.

***********I didn't think about that, but you're right. The guy would have tried to snap E's neck at the least. If he didn't have a gun and nothing to hit E with, then maybe he couldn't get E off of him without hurting himself worse. That might have just been a bit of a plot flaw. I was thinking that at the first movement on E's part, the other people would have opened fire on Daryl and Rosita and they'd be dead in seconds, but instead D and R seemed to have time to run around and disarm them.

Are antibiotics still good that long after exp. dates?

***********I wonder about that. I've read articles that say expiration dates on meds mean something and not to take them after the expiration date. But I've also read articles that say the dates barely mean anything and meds are good for a much longer time that the expiration dates would indicate. Either way, I guess they'd take them and hope for the best.

• Like 1

Wait, I thought the brick was just him finishing building the jail??

But don't you put down mortar first before placing the bricks? It seemed like an odd way to finish a jail, if that's what it was. Perhaps it was a simple as him finishing his project. It showed other people completing their daily tasks and projects so maybe that's all it was.

I don't know if we know how that guy got burned. It may have been after he and Daryl separated. Probably an order from Negan? All I remember was that Daryl was with these people that needed insulin (?) for a young woman. Daryl had left them, but when they were in danger and he realized they needed the insulin he ended up getting caught up in a scenario where he was helping them. I think he lured one bad guy toward a zombie and the guy with the burned face + the two women all hid until it was safe? As I recall, one of the girls died by getting too close to a zombie or two that were people she knew and was mourning. The guy and girl (not the one that relied on insulin) hopped on Daryl's bike and left him high and dry. It was really messed up after all he'd done. Maybe that's when Daryl was separated from his cross bow, too. But he had it in this last episode. Is that the first time he's had it in a while??

Wait, I thought the brick was just him finishing building the jail??

That one block didn't have any cement to secure it in place that we could see. It was just placed there. Maybe he put that book there?? The book he read in his episode.

I was disappointed that Denise was killed off. She was one of the few interesting new characters. I don't understand why she didn't value herself as a doctor and asset to the community enough to stay inside the walls. Going out was an unnecessary, selfish risk. If she wanted some walker experience, she should start just outside the gates!

I hope Carol's insanity is temporary, like Rick's and she comes back. I'm really afraid she'll be captured, they'll use her as bait, and she's going to sacrifice herself rather than kill. She is such a good character; we don't often see women over 40 given strong roles like this and who aren't focused on their sexuality, children, or husband as motivation nonstop. Add in her domestic violence and I think working class background, and it's a double plus. Maybe they're stringing us along and making us think she's going to leave the show when it's really someone else that they hope will be unexpected. Or nobody? It would be nice if nobody had to die for a while. 

I'm surprised more of our people weren't killed in the ambush. How many people can Negan have?? They've killed so many, live people aren't that common, and they almost never ran into them before the last few months?

Abraham is a jerk. Sasha must be really traumatized and not thinking straight to look at him twice. He'd be last on my list if it was the end of the world.