Menu

Just another Facebook rant

teachermom2834

First of all...I am not easy to offend. I watch R rated movies. Bad language in an adult context doesn't phase me. But I am tired of being assaulted on s regular basis with profanity on FB. That interesting science site that posts cool stuff with the F word in its name and similar. Like someone will post a cute cat video and somewhere in the text has to be profanity. It is tiresome.

Worse is all the memes that basically says things to the effect of "you're an idiot" and "stop talking...I hate you". Not directed at me but just in general. I am plenty sarcastic and prone to snark but the constant meanness disguised as "aren't I bold and not afraid to say what I think". I don't know...it is just nasty.

I know I can hide people and unfriend them and quit FB but I don't want to. Just wish people would go back to posting annoying pictures of their food and how many miles they ran....and quit with the profanity and insults.

Ok...rant over...I feel better now.

• Like 9

Now now. Can't be done venting yet. We just got started! Don't forget the "only 1% of people will care enough to repost this" or "if you care about anyone with x,y,z you must copy and paste this into your status" or my favorite, the chain mail "post this in your status or you will have bad luck"

Edited by MSNative
  • Like 4

I gave up facebook, lowered my blood pressure, stopped feeling so gloomy about everything, exercised more and I can go whole days without seeing the f word!  It's great!  It was one of the most freeing things I've done for a while.  I've been off it since then end of August.  Life is good!

• Like 4

Now now. Can't be done venting yet. We just got started! Don't forget the "only 1% of people will care enough to repost this" or "if you care about anyone with x,y,z you must copy and paste this into your status" or my favorite, the chain mail "post this in your status or you will have bad luck"

Yeah, and the ones that say "I know which of my friends will and won't bother to re-post this."  Oh right, good.  So then you won't be disappointed.

• Like 4

I'm just glad that 99% care enough NOT to repost/copy/paste!

• Like 6

Possible trigger: I was scrolling down my Facebook feel and saw a picture of a woman holding the still born baby she had just delivered. It was very clearly not a living baby. I mean, who the hell puts the picture on the front of the article like that? And yeah, abused animals. And people's stupid annoying political beliefs. I have vocal people on both ends of the political spectrum and I've had to unfollow several people. Maybe they can come out of time out after the election.

• Like 1