Menu

How long does it usually take for MAA to grade the AMC8?

AEC

they started publishing partial results 3 days ago, I believe.  They're updating it nightly.

How many days does this usually last?

Do they send out individual results to schools once they're all done?

DD11 is, I think, going to implode waiting.

still haven't received scores via the school where they took the test - but it looks from the MAA website like they're done scoring them (no longer says 'updated nightly).

and WOW are the scores lower this year.  Avg last year was 11.  This year it's 8. (shocking since you should expect to get 5 just by totally guessing).  DD11 is disappointed - she was hoping for the 6th grade achievement award but apparently didn't get it.  You need a 15.  In prior years that looks like about the 70% percentile - this year it's the 5th.  oh well...she's sad, but I'm still thrilled.  She set a big goal for herself and learned a lot in the process.

• Like 1

DS10 was disappointed for less than 5 mins :lol: he got 12 (median for the site we took at) and its the first time for both my boys. Neither prep for it as they want to just try.

DS11 who refused to say how he did after the test made honor roll.

Highest is 24 at our site by a 6th grader.

ETA:

Sometimes I find it comical that DS10 is so nonchalent about things but he is also my drama kid so he literally "wailed" like soap opera for a while. DS11 is intense and would have brood for much longer.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 1

We finally got our emails yesterday from our math circle.  Both girls made honor roll which is a pleasant surprise! They reported the test was tougher than it has been for the past two years and they both thought they had tanked it. Apparently, they were right -- the fact that the cutoff for honor roll is 16 this year reflects that it must have been pretty darn tough.  

• Like 2