Menu

Fitbit Charge vs Charge HR

ktgrok

A few months ago I bought the Fitbit Charge. I didn't really care about the heart rate feature, so I got this one. But, the clasp is NOT reliable. I've had it come partially undone a few times, and this past week it fell off entirely. It took me hours to find it, behind the entertainment center. I had been unplugging the DVD player and must have snagged it on something? The clasp is like the band on an adjustable baseball hat. The band on the charge HR has a regular watch buckle type clasp. That stays on.

Turns out the Charge band/clasp is a known problem, and many people have an issue with it. I bought it at Costco, and have my receipt. They have a satisfaction guarantee, and honestly, I'm not satisfied. I feel like it's a matter of when, not if, this thing falls off while I'm out and about. 

Does it make sense to return it to Costco, and if they will take it back buying the Charge HR. Walmart has them on sale for only $20 more than I paid for the Charge. I'd buy the HR at Costco, just to keep my business with them, but they don't carry that model. 

Am I doing something horribly unethical? And if not, does it even make sense? 

Edited to Add: I bought it on October 26th. So just over a month ago. And it's already insecure on my wrist. 

Edited by ktgrok

I would return it to Costco but email Fitbit to let them know that you had to do that because you were unhappy with the product- they need to hear that you're unhappy with it. A lot of people are having the same issue and they don't seem to be doing anything about it except advising people to buy a clasp from Amazon to secure it.  I have an HR and love it- it would suck a lot of joy if I had to worry about it falling off and getting lost or broken. Fitbit needs to fix this issue, but in the meantime, you should probably replace it.  

ok, I think I'm sold.  I paid the extra money to get a square trade warranty because I love using a fitbit, but that doesn't cover a LOST fitbit. And yeah, I think it's crazy they want me to buy an after market thing to stick on there! 

Plus, I can get the HR in plum. I love purple :)

The prices have been pretty good on all the fitbits from what I have seen. I bought a HR for my Mom for Christmas before Thanksgiving at Target for $113.00 maybe the price will drop again before Christmas. I also got each of my girls a regular fit bit on Black Friday for $59. I thought it would be great to track their sleep cycles.

I would definitely return it and buy the HR. I looked at the charge and now I am glad that i went with the HR.

Well, Costco agreed to take it back, but I forgot to bring the dongle! So have to go back tomorrow. And Walmart was a total PIA, but I got it. Now, searching for a good deal on a Surge for my husband!

So far, best is to buy it at Bed Bath and Beyond and use a 20% off coupon. Walmart has it at 199, but only in small. The Large is 249.