Menu

News outlet for kids

My kids really liked an app called News-o-matic. You have to have a subscription (but there's a trial). I have mixed feelings about it... sometimes the quality isn't great. But the kids enjoy it. It's mostly happy news. So, like, when a kid wins an award or something, that'll be big. Things like, say, the Paris bombings, they do eventually report on, but they usually wait a day or two and then do a very careful piece.

• Like 2

Hubby is British, so we really like to let Alex watch the BBC student news called Newsround as well as parts of CNN Student news on podcasts. A different world view and all that...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround

Thanks for this link. DS will love it--he's such an Anglophile. :). Different perspectives are always welcome (well, not Faux news).

We watch CNN Student News every morning at breakfast. I appreciate that they keep it real yet appropriate for most kids. Might be a bit much at 9, though, depending on how he handles tough subjects. You can preview it as others have said.

• Like 1