Menu

Ha! again! Second error discovered!

hopskipjump

One of the universities dd is applying to had several deadlines, depending on which scholarships you were applying for, and whether or not you were applying to the honors college.

At around 11:30 EST, she realized that the deadline for the scholarship that applied to her was TODAY. :scared: I'd put the wrong deadline in the Excel file (Dec 15th...)

In order to apply for the honors college AND scholarships, she had three essays to write... approx. 1500 words. :bored: :ohmy: :mellow: :rofl:

So - we made the decision to abandon the honors college and the major scholarship (she really had no chance at winning it anyway) - and she scraped together a 250-word quick essay for the regular application and we BARELY sent it in under the deadline.

It is OF COURSE - one of the more selective schools she applied to - because... of COURSE. :001_rolleyes:

We are both at the point of - If It's Meant To Be, It's Meant To Be, though, so we're at peace. But. GEEZ! :smilielol5:

...in our defense, the last couple of months have been - absolutely, abnormally insane - for our family... it's been a dance for both of us to keep on top of regular life, let alone adding in admissions craziness!

But, we're getting there. :thumbup:  Like Champs. :driving: lol

Edited by hopskipjump
  • Like 2

Happened to us, too.  We decided to pass on the priority deadline because there was too much on his plate with DE.  Thought I had checked everything.  Didn't realize until the night before that a specific scholarship was linked to that deadline. (They helpfully called at 10pm.)  Not time to do it all (3 essays, plus DE classes), so he had to let it go. :-(

Yup-dd had to scrap plans for one of her EA applications because we realized that the fine print indicated that online submission of supporting materials (transcript etc.) was only for schools.  As homeschoolers we would have had to post everything in hard copies.  Unfortunately we have limited access to postal services so we couldn't meet the deadline.  Swap to regular decision and one scholarship opportunity lost.  More than a bit annoying but it wasn't her top choice school so...  on we go...

My ds missed an honors college deadline because one of the recommenders did not get their part completed .  The school actually called him and extended the deadline by two days.  Long story, but the recommendation was completed by the new deadline.  My point is that when you are close to the deadline, it might not hurt to ask for an extension.  Good luck to everyone!!

• Like 1

My ds missed an honors college deadline because one of the recommenders did not get their part completed .  The school actually called him and extended the deadline by two days.  Long story, but the recommendation was completed by the new deadline.  My point is that when you are close to the deadline, it might not hurt to ask for an extension.  Good luck to everyone!!

Yes, always call and let them know when you are having a problem and ask what you should do.  If they really want your dc, they may even be willing to waive it.  I was accepted into a competitive graduate program with only two of the three required letters of recommendation when my other potential recommenders flaked out on me.  (Two of them.  Same semester.  :banghead:   And they wondered why I didn't want to stay at that school for graduate level work.)