Menu

Rejoice with me!

TranquilMind

So, I had some blood allergy testing done since one of my kids was doing it.  I discovered, as I knew, that I was gluten and dairy intolerant as well as a few more intolerances that surprised me, like cashews.  I never eat cashews, and when we get mixed nuts, I pick them out and don't eat them.  Weird that your body tries to tell you to stay away from stuff even if you don't know why.

Anyway, I cut out the gluten and down the dairy to a very minimal amount in coffee (just to get the taste) along with some rice milk.

I've lost about 15 pounds just by doing this one thing! Since I quit dairy, I can breathe better now and was able to ditch Claritan, AND I can wear the jeans I optimistically purchased last year in one size smaller than the size I wore at the time.  So I now have more jeans too, without buying anything.

A kid, who has been recovering from a long illness is 99% well, another who is overseas in university is doing fantastic (and saying unbelievably nice and appreciative things to us, now that we are apart and some maturity has happened) and we are closing on a house this week that I snagged at auction. 

It's been a good week.   Very thankful. 

• Like 26

That's great! Sometimes we have blood allergy tests that reveal issues but no symptoms go with that. If you're seeing an improvement in symptoms them please keep things cut down :)

That's great! Sometimes we have blood allergy tests that reveal issues but no symptoms go with that. If you're seeing an improvement in symptoms them please keep things cut down :)

Oh, don't worry.  I like breathing!  I feel like a dummy for not doing such simple things years ago though. Who knew? 

• Like 1

Woohoo! When I cut out gluten my headaches vanish and my sinuses clear. If I eat a little I'm ok but too much and I pay for it!

That's awesome!

I keep coming back to the question, "What in the HELLO are they doing to our food?"

My family members say it is totally different overseas and that our food tastes like chemicals. 

• Like 5