Menu

Amazon has screwed up thrice so far ...

mathnerd

I buy a lot on Amazon Prime. Yesterday, I got a package delivered. Today I got a notification that my package got lost in transit and cannot be delivered - this is for the same package that arrived safely yesterday! And they screwed up similarly 1 month ago. At that time, they refunded me automatically, then realized that they made a mistake and took the refund back.

In the summer, they shipped 3 copies of the same book to me from 3 different warehouses and when I contacted them, they told me to keep the extra 2 copies and gave me a refund.

I have no problem with my package this time, but I am getting annoyed that they have no means to track their shipments correctly.

I might have to give jet.com a try to see how the competition fares.

They're moving their warehouses around and changing from a fully human system to an almost fully robotic system.  I'm sure it will be better next year, but we've been buying less from them due to screw ups too.  Also, the over reliance on the postal service for prime deliveries....  Our post office has delivered to the wrong address twice.  Luckily once the person who got the box brought it here before I had to complain.

Hmmmm, you're annoyed that you got free books and that a package arrived before they their tracking system said it did.

I don't want free duplicate books from them (I am decluttering books and I need to donate the extra copies anyway), I don't want them to remit charges back to my credit card because they thought that they lost my package and then reverse the transaction after a few days - thoroughly unprofessional - now, I need to keep checking my credit card transactions to see if things are as they should be.

Luckily once the person who got the box brought it here before I had to complain.

That happened to me twice too - but, I attributed it to the post office and not amazon. So, if I count that as well, 5 screw ups from amazon. It was strange to see parents dropping off kids at the nearby public school stopping at my front door to drop off my amazon delivery.

When I've had trouble with Amazon orders, it's been FedEx's fault almost every single time. For example, they once delivered my package to a friend  who lives 15 miles from me and whose address and name don't even resemble mine. After several mishaps, I complained to Amazon. They were super nice about it and haven't shipped anything to me via FedEx for the last few years. I call that customer service.

• Like 3

When I've had trouble with Amazon orders, it's been FedEx's fault almost every single time. For example, they once delivered my package to a friend  who lives 15 miles from me and whose address and name don't even resemble mine. After several mishaps, I complained to Amazon. They were super nice about it and haven't shipped anything to me via FedEx for the last few years. I call that customer service.

Wow, I wonder if I call them I can request NO USPS deliveries, even if it takes a few extra days.  Our local post office is awful and never staffed properly.

It's not just Fedex. My local UPS driver has lied about attempting delivery of packages requiring signatures. It took several phone calls to corporate for the first package to finally show up (three days waiting at home).

The second package I finally refused delivery, because the driver was not showing up. The local dispatch person griped at me for calling corporate on her driver. I called Amazon about the delivery failures and they were very understanding. I've found Amazon's customer service to be very flexible.

• Like 1

Up until this last month, I've had no problems (from a tremendous amount of orders).  But twice now, they've had terrible packaging and the product inside is damaged.  One was a book that was a gift for my nephew, so I had to return it and wait for a replacement.  The dust jacket was torn due to poor packaging.  Just today, I got a lego set for my son for Christmas and the lego box was crumpled.  It would be a major pain to return, so I'm just going to keep this one.  DS won't care and won't be reselling on ebay, so the box isn't important.  But!  I spent $250 for this new set!  It should be in perfect condition.  Very frustrating.  They need to step up their quality control.

• Like 1

We order a lot from Amazon, and have had some packaging and shipping issues occasionally.  I'm wondering if they've got a bunch of new seasonal employees starting as we've had two minor issues in the past few weeks.  They've always been super responsive when I've contacted them, though.  They have a "click to chat" feature that's nice since I dislike waiting on hold on the phone.  For the last one, it was an issue with an item missing the 2 day prime window and then completely disappearing, and the agent was able to create and expedite a new order for Sunday delivery, plus they gave us a free month of prime to make up for the hassle.

Liking your post as I agree the packing should be better in cases like that. Any time I order kitty litter I have to try not to place other orders around the same time or they throw stuff in a box with a 40 lb bag of litter. Completely stupid.

I was just going to post the same thing!  Soft covered books + Precious Cat do not go well in the same box!

• Like 1