Menu

Know how to watch tonight's debate online?

Alicia64

For the last one like this, we used Periscope on my phone. It wasn't elegant, but it got the job done. 

It's on some cable channel that requires a cable subscription to stream, so periscope it is. 

There were LOTS of people periscoping the last one, I hope there are as many as last time.

If not, I'll just follow it via twitter, lol

How do you do the periscope thing?

It's an app I have on my phone.  I downloaded it, it is associated with twitter, so I used my twitter account to sign in, and then I looked around for someone streaming the debate.  It isn't pretty, it works b/c someone is streaming the debate as it shows on their television.  Sometimes the stream cuts out and you have to find a different one.  But, we have found it works when nothing else does.

Periscope is fun for other things also.

It really troubles me that debates that will help choose our next president are not readily available to those without cable or internet access, or without a wireless device.  The debates should be carried by free network TV and easily available to everyone from all income levels and walks of life.

• Like 6

It really troubles me that debates that will help choose our next president are not readily available to those without cable or internet access, or without a wireless device.  The debates should be carried by free network TV and easily available to everyone from all income levels and walks of life.

:iagree:

They get clipped afterward on YouTube, I did that for the first one. CNN streamed the second, and this one I'll read analysis and watch clips tomorrow, most likely :)