Menu

Brain Freeze / Knowledge Gaps

shinyhappypeople

You know, when your kid says something that leaves you  :001_huh:

Current embarrassing gap from one of my kids:

"What's Ohio?"

Oh my.

The US geography puzzle has been pulled off the shelf for use today.

(In fairness, I think this is due in part to a tween brain freeze, but I'm so glad she didn't ask that in front of the grandparents.)

Misery loves company.  Add your kids' embarrassing knowledge gaps / brain freeze moments here :)

You know, when your kid says something that leaves you  :001_huh:

Current embarrassing gap from one of my kids:

"What's Ohio?"

Oh my.

The US geography puzzle has been pulled off the shelf for use today.

(In fairness, I think this is due in part to a tween brain freeze, but I'm so glad she didn't ask that in front of the grandparents.)

Misery loves company.  Add your kids' embarrassing knowledge gaps / brain freeze moments here :)

I'd ask for context.

Ohio is also a class of nuclear submarines.  (which is exactly what occurred to me when the "what's" was put in front of ohio.)  the first boat of a class is the name of the class.

btw: there have been four ships named "ohio".

and maybe her brain gap was with the "what's" instead of a "where's".

then there is the ohio river . . . .

• Like 2

When my youngest son was being evaluated for speech therapy, the therapist was holding up a series of pictorial flashcards and he was telling her what was on each card. She got to one card, and he announced he didn't know what that was. She prompted him that surely he had seen one of these in his house. Nope. No. He had no clue what it was. She looked at me, shook her head, and they eventually went on to the next card. I was on the other side of the room, and not in a position to see the cards. Afterwards, I finally found out that it was a picture of a bathtub.  :huh:

• Like 4

When my youngest was 5 or 6, we went to the county fair and happened to spend a long time in the hog barn. After studying a pen of pigs for a long time, my son asked, "When are these pigs going to turn green?" He was dead serious. Though I'm certain he had some animal/farmyard books and toys, his primary association for pigs was the game Angry Birds. Yikes. We spent a lot of time talking about animals after that!

• Like 2

When my youngest was 5 or 6, we went to the county fair and happened to spend a long time in the hog barn. After studying a pen of pigs for a long time, my son asked, "When are these pigs going to turn green?" He was dead serious. Though I'm certain he had some animal/farmyard books and toys, his primary association for pigs was the game Angry Birds. Yikes. We spent a lot of time talking about animals after that!

Lol!!!!! Thanks for the morning chuckle :)
  • Like 1