Menu

How to stop a child who snores?

I agree with the allergies assessment!!!

I would highly recommend taking your child to an allergist for allergy testing!

My 8yo son also has had his tonsils and adenoids removed -- the surgeon at the time said my son's adenoids were the size of Cleveland ;)

He turned out to be allergic to soy, eggs, wheat, rice, cats, all trees, and mold.

We completely avoided all of the foods for a year and he can now eat wheat and rice. He still cannot tolerate eggs or soy.

The BEST thing we did, however, was remove the carpet from his bedroom. We installed a cheap - but nice looking! - laminate flooring we picked up on sale at Home Depot and installed in one weekend. He hasn't had a problem with snoring or coughing (which he did alot of, too) since we did that. We're now installing hardwood flooring on the main level of our house, too, because we've been so happy with how well it helped him. (We've completed the family room and dining room so far and everyone's breathing better!)

Hope this helps!

Even if he is not clearly having major apneas, he could be having more minor ones called hyponeas (?sp).

I know that I had sleep apnea as a 22 yo when I got married and weighed a whopping 105 pounds! Old age and high weight are NOT required for apnea.

That being said, I would investigate the more likely issue of allergies first. The sleep study is painless but a big hassle. However, it really did uncover huge problems in my sleep.

Get on the phone, mama, and make some calls! You've tried the obvious of tonsils an adenoids!