Menu

Re: Tim Treadwell. Do NOT read this post if you like the Grizzly Man. Please.

Please tell me someone besides me thinks it wasn't just a little poetic that he was eaten?

OK, I do not want to offend anyone, I did warn you not to read this if your sympathies lie with Timothy Treadwell.

Just in case you are reading this anyway, consider me ducking and covering right after I quote a dear friend, who, in sympathy for the bears spoke for them saying....

" I'm feeling peckish today, perhaps I'll eat an idiot or two".

Sorry but that made me chortle more than a little.:lol:

I saw that show several months ago, and I agree. Foolhardy, poetic, inevitable, whatever you call it...

Nothing about the words "bear" or "grizzly" or "wild" make me think of the cuddly, understanding, Disney-like creatures he was obviously mistaking those animals to be.

I admire his passion for the bears, but frankly there's a "Siegfried and Roy It's Just a Big Kitty/Crocodile Hunter Let's Hold the Baby While We Feed Aggro/Michael Jackson Let's Dangle the Baby Over the Balcony" quality to him that really disturbed me.

Yeah...inevitable. It's amazing to me how some remove their DNA from the pool voluntarily.

I didn't know who he was, but when I looked him up, it seems he was a bit foolhardy, not to mention breaking rules and ignoring warnings to quit/change his behavior with the bears.

I don't know if I'd call it poetic or not, maybe inevitable?

Well, he kind of wanted to be "one" with the bears......

Seriously though, what he was doing made the bears more dangerous to any human. Habituation gets animals killed. I suppose he meant well and i don't fault that his heart was in the right place, but his head???

A couple bricks shy of a load is all I'm saying.

I saw that show several months ago, and I agree. Foolhardy, poetic, inevitable, whatever you call it...

Nothing about the words "bear" or "grizzly" or "wild" make me think of the cuddly, understanding, Disney-like creatures he was obviously mistaking those animals to be.

I admire his passion for the bears, but frankly there's a "Siegfried and Roy It's Just a Big Kitty/Crocodile Hunter Let's Hold the Baby While We Feed Aggro/Michael Jackson Let's Dangle the Baby Over the Balcony" quality to him that really disturbed me.

Yeah...inevitable. It's amazing to me how some remove their DNA from the pool voluntarily.

:lol::lol:

That while his death was tragic, it was also somewhat predictable.

But with him, a beautiful 37 year old woman was also ripped to death and eaten, and that's just pure tragedy.

I know. I am sorry she was killed. I am sorry she listened to Treadwell. Grizzlies are deadly creatures. Wonderful and awe inspiring and beautiful but deadly.

It's amazing to me how some remove their DNA from the pool voluntarily.

:smilielol5:

I had to call my dad for this quote!! He calls himself, "the guardian of the gene pool".

The movie was awful and I was sick every time I thought about it for weeks!! That poor woman!! Of course she wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box if he was her boyfriend.

After watching the footage, especially when he was in a rant or OCD'ing over something, did anyone else think "Crystal Meth"? I had a lot of friends on that stuff and they acted so similarly... or is that just me?

(I do like that director and think he made a very arresting film. After all, it's years old and I am still thinking about it....)