Menu

Well Mom we don't have a cafeteria staff!

This is what I heard my dh saying to his Mom when I walked in the kitchen yesterday. He was talking to her on the phone and apparently she asked what he was doing. Dh replied he was fixing ds's lunches for the week (Hamburger Helper) to which MIL replied why would you be doing that. Hense the cafeteria statement. He also went on to say I was baking muffins for breakfast for the week(can't let her think her son is doing all the work or all the relatives will know within hours) He went on to tell her that school is a full time event during the day and if we have breakfast and lunch already taken care of it is one less thing I have to think about and I can concentrate on school. OK So I really love my dh for this I love it when my knight in shining armor sticks up for me.

This is what I heard my dh saying to his Mom when I walked in the kitchen yesterday. He was talking to her on the phone and apparently she asked what he was doing. Dh replied he was fixing ds's lunches for the week (Hamburger Helper) to which MIL replied why would you be doing that. Hense the cafeteria statement. He also went on to say I was baking muffins for breakfast for the week(can't let her think her son is doing all the work or all the relatives will know within hours) He went on to tell her that school is a full time event during the day and if we have breakfast and lunch already taken care of it is one less thing I have to think about and I can concentrate on school. OK So I really love my dh for this I love it when my knight in shining armor sticks up for me.

Thank you soooo much for posting this!! We make a menu plan for each week that includes breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner and dessert but I have NEVER thought to make breakfast and lunch *before* our school week starts!

I have only rarely fixed up some breakfast tortilla mix (scrambled eggs and sausage with grated cheese in a separate container) so that DH could quickly fix something in the morning.

Thanks again and I'm glad that your DH helps out and stands up for you.:)