Menu

I hate awkward conversations

Moxie

Yeah, this is uncomfortable. Also, our music teacher attends our church so I had to face him after quitting. But you know - it's not the biggest deal. I agree with what Jean said. We used a version of that.

• Like 1

I apologize (sincerely) for not having empathy for the music teacher, but I think this is about your son. Period. Playing an instrument takes incredible commitment and interest.

If your son doesn't dig it that's his prerogative. I know you know. I guess I'm just trying to say that I'm assuming that the music teacher is mature enough to get that not all people are into playing an instrument. And, again, it's not about the music teacher.

Alley

• Like 4

When my daughter quit, she mentioned it to her teacher. Her teacher brought it up to me, "I'm so sad she's quitting!" I said, "Oh, me too! I can't help but feel she'll regret it some day." No awkwardness. It did help that my other daughter was continuing lessons with her. She knew it wasn't anything she'd done. But piano teachers lose students all the time.