Menu

WWYD? Drug related

kewb

Dh and I have already debunked the stress relief excuse for what it was.

Ds was choosing to do this because he liked the feeling of being stoned. Nothing more and nothing less. He was hanging out with people who used and finally decided to try it for himself. He liked it. Found a way to procure it more than once and justified his using it with bogus excuses.

Tbh, I am upset about the lies but at the same time I told a few whoppers myself to keep my parents out of my business. It is somewhat normal behavior for many teens.

• Like 9

Dh and I have already debunked the stress relief excuse for what it was.

Ds was choosing to do this because he liked the feeling of being stoned. Nothing more and nothing less. He was hanging out with people who used and finally decided to try it for himself. He liked it. Found a way to procure it more than once and justified his using it with bogus excuses.

Tbh, I am upset about the lies but at the same time I told a few whoppers myself to keep my parents out of my business. It is somewhat normal behavior for many teens.

Exactly the same for my ds.  No stress - he tried it, he liked it.  He bought it, brought it home, then got caught.

• Like 1

So, my son was hiding pot in his closet. He claims a friend of his asked him to hold it for him. I know the kid in question does use. I have confiscated the pot

I am kind of at a loss. If he was holding it for the friend, what should be done?

Is he telling a lie to cover up that it is really his?

I am a bit flummoxed. I never used and I certainly never held any for a friend.

From a philosophical standpoint I am not really against its use. There are medicinal needs. I am also not sure it should be illegal.

From a legality standpoint, it is illegal where we live.

He is lying.  They all say that it isn't theirs, that it belongs to a friend. 

It is illegal.  He could be arrested.  I would be hardcore about this. 

No way can he do this in your home. 

If you want to know for sure.....test him. 

I know it isn't a popular point of view....but pot is not as innocuous as people like to claim.  Pot can come laced with other things such as PCP.  For many, it is a very dangerous drug that can literally destroy their life.  Many people can rec use pot and successfully function in life, just as many can't.  IF he turns out to be one of the ones who can't, it's hard to deal with addictions after the fact.

Stefanie

I wouldn't argue with him about whether it's his or not.  I'd just say that having mj in the house is a crime and a rule violation that he personally committed, and since there is no easy way to tell who was planning on using it, he was going to be treated as if he was.  Possession and all that.  I would let him know that no part of your house is his to stash stuff or do stuff you would not knowingly allow.  I might get temporarily militant about how he keeps his room and maybe reduce his privacy for a while, but I wouldn't take that too far over this incident.

I might require him to do some research and produce a report on the negative side effects of mj use.

Not sure what I'd do with the stuff - maybe flush it down the toilet?

ETA:  sorry, I see you learned a lot more from your son.  I still think he needs to study up on the negative side effects.

This is good advice. 

Well we know we can't burn it. :)

And destroying it doesn't make you a criminal.  Concealing/destroying evidence is only a crime if it interferes with an ongoing investigation or prosecution (and in some cases it can apply in civil judicial matters as well).

Brownies?

(I'm JOKING!  ;))

• Like 2