Menu

WWYD, Fungal infection, keep treating or call dr.....

Prairie~Phlox

I had a spot just under the front of my bra, I did not realize it was a fungal infection (I thought it was a bug bite, she never said it was ringworm, but I'm guessing that's what it was now or something very similar) I had had it for a few weeks and then had a check up last week and asked about it, NP told me what to use on it and told me to keep it covered, this was Wednesday afternoon.  By Thursday morning, I was broken out all over my breasts and up the side a little bit, seriously, I wish I had seen this on Wednesday.  I am treating all of it, but it's really just maintaining, I know this can take a while to go away and now I am making sure I wear a shirt to bed and I washed all of my bedding and bras.  The problem is it's in such an area that things are always rubbing and what not.  Do I still give it more time and just keep waiting (I go back again next week) or do I call back today and let them know? It itches off and on, but is tolerable.

Thanks!

I had a spot like that and the dermatologist gave me some cream for it. Keta something (it was a prescription).  She said it was a fungal thing too.  I was not told to keep it covered.  Mine cleared up in a matter of days.  I have read that Monistat cream works too.  Same basic stuff in that cream. 

That's what I've been using, it's not really doing anything, not getting worse, but not going away either.

I got a horrible yeast infection after a c-section. It was everywhere. An oral med took care of it quickly. The doctor told me to sterilize clothing carefully. I can't remember what I used now (two babies ago and it was a dark and fuzzy time). Your bra(s) may be reinfecting you. Hibiclens in the shower helped too. Toss any scrubby sponges, use washcloths you can wash/dry on hot hot hot.

Oh! My ped was the one to diagnose and treat. She gave me samples of calmoseptine cream that were amazing. I ordered a huge tube on Amazon. That stuff kicks any rash.

Pityriasis Rosea is often mistaken for ring worm. It is also called "Christmas tree rash" due to the swooping pattern on the back that resemble Christmas tree branches..  It is a virus and just has to clear up on its own.  If you go back to the doctor, you may request that they take a scraping to examine to make sure it is fungal.  If it is fungal, they may consider giving you an oral dose of Diflucan/fluconazole to help speed the healing.  

If it is PR, you just have to let it clear on its own since it is a virus. It starts as a herald spot and then lots of smaller spots show up after that first one.  The first spot usually stays the largest and most inflamed during the process.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pityriasis_rosea

http://www.dermnetnz.org/viral/pityriasis-rosea-imgs.html(warning to pl ess photos)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...