Menu

Guess where I am going today?

To the Military ID office to get my almost expired ID card renewed and to get my 10 yo his first ID. He is excited. A rite of passage of sorts for military kids.

Please Lord, give me patience.

Anyone who thinks we should have national healthcare needs to visit an office such as Pass and ID, or better yet, a base hospital or clinic. It gives me the hebie geebies thinking about it. My world gets rocked when 18 yo airmen are in charge of my destiny.

The last time I had a run in with an airman:

"Ma'am, you must of thought that your appointment was at 3 pm because they told you in military time. 1300 hours is actially 1 pm. I am sure you just got confused with military time."

"Oh yes, that must have been it seeing that my dh has been in the military since you were in Kindergarten. Thank you soooooo much for explaining military time to me. " :glare:

I will be patient, I will have a good attitude. Help me here ladies.

That is all.

I completely understand! I've been an ID card holder since I was 10! We just did the ID card renewal & issue for our crew in mid-August. The whole "do more with less" in the military has gone to almost "do more with NOTHING". We waited for almost 2 hours to get ID's for all 6 of us. They even issued Dd 6 y/o an ID because we were/are doing a lot of traveling and they didn't want to "leave her out".

"Oh yes, that must have been it seeing that my dh has been in the military since you were in Kindergarten. Thank you soooooo much for explaining military time to me. " :glare:

:lol: Airmen are so cute! (I can say that because I used to be one. ;)) Luckily all airmen come with a grizzled old sergeant we can appeal to if they start messing with our destinies. :lol:

Hi, Beth! Bummer about pass and id - we were in and out of there in 30 minutes. Of course, there were only three of us!

We went through our last child's first ID two years ago. For some reason, that time we had lots of trouble. We will be getting everybody new IDs in November or December based on when Dh gets promoted and I hope it won't be quite the hassle. Then there was the time that my middle dd got kicked off of DEERS somehow because someone mistyped something. I went to Pass and ID who told me to go to Security who told me to go to Tricare who was trying to get me back to Pass and ID. The phone games were played, my frustration reached boiling point, and then we found a compassionate kind soul who corrected the problem even though it was not her fault nor her normal responsibility. I hope your day goes better.

The ID office. My most favorite place to go to in the whole world. Dante could not even imagine such a place.

I have to take DS#2 next month to get his first card. Oh Joy.

My favorite moment was when my oldest son's care was rejected because his name was wrong and that we had filled the paperwork ouot that way.

Sure, just for fun we made up a new name that was not on the child's birth certificate and misspelled our surname just for fun.

It only too a few days to get that all straightened out.

But it took 18 months for Tricare (then Champus) to determine that DS#1 did not spend his first two days of life in a mental hospital while I was in the regular hospital next door.

Government healthcare at its finest.