Menu

Pearson is denying me access to the online/Teacher stuff

Hello-

I registered our school, signed the affidavit, etc...and bought the M&L Macaw bio book + lab and workbook through Pearson.  It came with an access code to the Teacher Online Access Pack, as expected.

However, I can't get at it.  I've registered with pearsonsuccessnet.com, listing the school-code they assigned for our homeschool.  My login fails w/ an error message that I'm not associated with a school.  

I emailed their support and got the reply:

"I noticed you are associated with a home school. At this time, we do not have online products available for our home school customers. This is the reason you are receiving that particular error message when you log in."

I'm pretty irritated - I spoke w/ their reps about this before ordering.

Anyone had success getting access THIS YEAR??

I clearly don't need whatever they provide for classroom assignment mgt or student logins, but the teachers guide, workbook answers and tests are pretty essential.

I would not mess around with customer support.  Look up the numbers to contact a sales rep.  Explain the problem, and that you'll be sharing the outcome of your experience with spending $$$$ on their materials with a lot of other homeschoolers, as well as curriculum resellers who may or may not decide to carry their brand, completely based on whether or not they will give us access to these parts of what we pay for. 

Oh bummer!  We used it 3 years ago, but that's probably not helpful now.  We were able to set up an online account by following instructions that someone on this board very carefully laid out.  Are you familiar with that?  Of course things could have changed since then.

It sounds much more difficult than it used to be.  I first signed up as a teacher on their successnet about 4 years ago for my eldest DD. My account was dormant for 3 years and about a year ago, I was able to sign right back on to use it for my younger DD.

I hope you get this resolved. I would be very unhappy if I had paid for new materials and then couldn't use all the advertised features.

• Like 1