Menu

Positive thoughts my oldest will pass test

xixstar

Small topic, I know, but my oldest is taking their driving test today and I really really really want them to pass. They have had a permit for 2 years so I think they are ready but they stress and worry and that sometimes gets in the way. So calming thoughts and prayers of encouragement would be much appreciated. Thank you.

• Like 2

Good luck! Ds' s friends were 50/50 for a pass on first try, so we prepared for failure. Touching the curb while parallel parking is an automatic failure, and seems to get a lot of them.

Our state dropped the parallel parking requirement. I think that is a bit crazy but oldest was excited to hear it.

An experienced tester will know how to calm and deal with a nervous teen. I am sure the kid will do fine.  Fingers crossed!

Our testers seem to like to make the teen as nervous as they can :(  It really depends on the area.  

To the OP:  Praying for a great outcome!

My oldest two both flunked on the first time, passed on second try.  Then came child #3 who kept putting off the test and putting it off, drove on a permit for two years.  Last spring, four of my kids decided, rather last minute, to drive to FL to visit their aunt for spring break.  My dd was the only one going with a driver's license.  #3 decided to test the day before they left since he thought it would be nice to have two drivers for the long trip.  Talk about pressure!  He passed the test at 3:00 p.m. one day and left, driving, for FL the next morning!  (from Ohio, not a short trip!).  He was a nervous wreck heading into the test  but made it through. I think that driving for two years on a permit is a great way to get the license as they have had time to experience so many different driving situations.

Sigh. Turns out they were scheduled an hour earlier than they thought. So now they have to wait for another 2 months to try again. Major sigh as their fall schedule is not compatible with me continuing to drive them everywhere. And no, we don't live somewhere with public transit options.

I Think it is time they become a bike commuter.

Bummer.

When I was a teen, I went to college at 16 but didn't get my license until the second semester.  We lived rural and commuted to a regional campus of the college.  Luckily my brother and I attended the same college, and we arranged our classes so we could always drive together.  Sometimes that meant one of us hung around in the commons for some hours, but it worked out.

Any way your kid(s) could carpool or just camp out in a common area for part of the day?