Menu

Something similar to K12?

Do any of you know of anything similar to K12, but free? K12 is not free in our state. I am looking for maybe 1-2 classes my son can do online, set up similar to K12. We have a friend who lives in a different state who uses that program and explained it to us and he loves it. I know not everyone does, but I thought I should see if I can find something comparable and look into it.

Thanks in advance.

Besides K12, my state also offers online public school through Epic and Connections Academy. So you might check to see if they are offered in your state as well. I don't know about part-time enrollment, though. Here they are all or nothing. As I understand it, Epic allows quite a bit of latitude in choosing your curriculum, at least where I live.

Or just google something like 'your state' + free online public school.

Ok. So I briefly looked at ck12. It has possibilities. Definitely does not look comprehensive for high school, though that is not what I need. However, there are not a lot of choices for English or Social Studies. Ds is definitely not excited to do this, so I'm not sure if we will.

There are shared (free) resources from Georgia Virtual Learning:

Georgia Virtual Shared Resources

The GV site is used extensively in Easy Peasy Homeschool course plans which lay out a day-by-day schedule with other resources and grading guidelines. I have tremendous admiration for the mom who put this together.

There is also the Virtual Homeschool Group. Live classes may be filled by now but recorded and computer-scored At-Your-Own-Pace courses are available.

• Like 1