Menu

Learning language arts through Narnia?

ByGrace3

I am familiar with FUFI, and the many lit guides on the Narnia series, but I am specifically looking for copywork passages from the Narnia books to use for copywork/dictation/and grammar. Kind of like how BW The Arrow is set up, only I would like one passage a week to study...

I have found spelling and vocabulary for each chapter, but not copywork. I would prefer to not reinvent the wheel...so before I get to work I thought I would ask...

oh, and might there be a one (school) year reading schedule out there?

I am familiar with FUFI, and the many lit guides on the Narnia series, but I am specifically looking for copywork passages from the Narnia books to use for copywork/dictation/and grammar. Kind of like how BW The Arrow is set up, only I would like one passage a week to study...

I have found spelling and vocabulary for each chapter, but not copywork. I would prefer to not reinvent the wheel...so before I get to work I thought I would ask...

My approach is to skim pages and find examples that cover exactly what I want to discuss: dialogue, verbs, adjs, adverbs, etc.  I personally think it is a better approach b/c you know exactly what it is that your child needs extra practice covering.  

• Like 4

My approach is to skim pages and find examples that cover exactly what I want to discuss: dialogue, verbs, adjs, adverbs, etc.  I personally think it is a better approach b/c you know exactly what it is that your child needs extra practice covering.  

:iagree:

Unless you are dealing with an LD, just mark the passage for copywork directly in the book.  There is no need to type it out.

Pick out how many chapters per week your child can reasonably do.  Assign that many chapters every week.  You don't have to get through the whole series in one school year.  

• Like 1

This is what I do too.

It really only takes about 5 min/day to find a good section that covers what I want to review with her.

• Like 1