Menu

Home cardio exercise with a stepper-platform thingy, or several?

Samm

Do you pair it with an exercise video?  I think I want something for at home when I just don't feel like going to the gym.  I want it mostly for cardio type exercise though.  Moderate heart rate elevation is fine.  Anyone into step workouts?

Are you looking for something like a Club Step, that you use as part of a video workout, or a stairclimber machine?

I'm not clear about what you want to do. Personally, I can't imagine stepping up and down off of a step or box without doing it along with a video workout because I would be bored to tears! If I was going to do that, I would just go up and down the staircases in my house over and over again. :)

• Like 1

I have a club step and always pair it with workout videos. I use it primarily with weight and strength training videos, and it is very useful. I don't do a lot of step videos, but they are still fairly popular. Cathe Friederich has quite a few: http://shop.cathe.com/mobile/Category.aspx?id=52

You might also look at Video Fitness forum for more information.

• Like 2

I have a club step and always pair it with workout videos. I use it primarily with weight and strength training videos, and it is very useful. I don't do a lot of step videos, but they are still fairly popular. Cathe Friederich has quite a few: http://shop.cathe.com/mobile/Category.aspx?id=52

You might also look at Video Fitness forum for more information.

I love Cathe Friedrich.  If you go to her website, you can also get online access to all her videos as well as live classes for a monthly fee.

My favorites of hers are Step Blast and IMAX 2. 

• Like 2

I love Cathe Friedrich. If you go to her website, you can also get online access to all her videos as well as live classes for a monthly fee.

My favorites of hers are Step Blast and IMAX 2.

Agreeing.....Cathe is the bomb!!!

• Like 2

Are you looking for something like a Club Step, that you use as part of a video workout, or a stairclimber machine?

I'm not clear about what you want to do. Personally, I can't imagine stepping up and down off of a step or box without doing it along with a video workout because I would be bored to tears! If I was going to do that, I would just go up and down the staircases in my house over and over again. :)

Yes I mean something like a Club Step platform.  I can't use the stairs in my house for exercise. Too narrow and steep.   I like to use the elliptical trainers at the gym but I'd love to incorporate a step workout at home.

Do most of you steppers have the original club step, or something like The Step F1180- High Step- Gray?

I have both.  I use the one you showed mostly for leg presses and as a seat when doing some upper body weight work.  I don't think I ever use it for more cardio focused work.  For that, I use my club step (the longer one).

• Like 1

I agree with everything that has already been posted, but I did want to mention that if you aren't already in pretty good shape, Cathe's workouts may be too challenging for you at first and you may want to work up to them by starting with easier step workouts. :)

• Like 4

I agree with everything that has already been posted, but I did want to mention that if you aren't already in pretty good shape, Cathe's workouts may be too challenging for you at first and you may want to work up to them by starting with easier step workouts. :)

I agree that her's are hard. I like the original step reebock video with Gin Miller since it is good for beginners to advanced.

• Like 1