Menu

Dental question

Beaniemom

Anyone had crown lengthening done? Long story short my dentist says I need crowns replaced due to open margins and decay and to do so need crown lengthening. I have serious anxiety and dental phobia to begin with so this is really upsetting me. Add to it I have to tell DH I need $5,000 in dental work. Not expecting that to go over well. Kind words anyone? I'm just an anxious mess at this point.

I have assisted with that procedure with patients but I don't have experience myself. I can say I have never known a dentist to recommend it without it truly being needed. If any of the teeth have had a root canal in the past, I would personally ask about implant options instead. Just what I would personally do.

Best wishes. :grouphug: Dentists can prescribe you some anxiety meds as well if you let them know ahead of time that you are anxious about the procedures. 

Two words:  IV sedation.  If your dentist doesn't offer it, find someone who does.  You'll go to sleep peacefully and wake up with the work all done.  Oral sedation doesn't work for me, but IV sedation is wonderful.

Huge  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: .