Menu

Moms I am Better Than

plansrme

I'm not one to blame the victim, but in this case when she invited a minor child over to her house, got him drunk and high, and played strip twister with him, I have trouble seeing her as the victim.  Yes, if that part happened as she described, it's technically rape, but what she did is child sexual abuse.  

I agree 100% with the author of the article that, if a man invited teenage girls to his home and did what she did, he'd be charged with multiple felonies. 

No, it wasn't child sexual abuse if the youngest person involved was 16.

No, it wasn't child sexual abuse if the youngest person involved was 16.

If there were zero 15 year olds at the party, that might be legally true.

Again, if a man had a party and invited a bunch of 16 year old girls over, illegally provided them with alcohol and drugs and did what is described here, do you think it would be considered a misdemeanor?

Again, if a man had a party and invited a bunch of 16 year old girls over, illegally provided them with alcohol and drugs and did what is described here, do you think it would be considered a misdemeanor?

Generally, yes, based on the age of consent laws in Georgia.

What felony do you believe was committed?

He might very well be liable for a sexual assault charge if it is determined that he did indeed get initiate intercourse with someone who was passed out, but I'm having a hard time seeing them charging him as an adult.

The victim has to agree in this case a crime was committed.  If she woke up and consented then there is no crime to charge.

• Like 1

I really don't know.  I don't know how many of the people involved were under 18 first of all.  Two that we know of (her kid and kid's boyfriend).  It sounds like she had consensual sex with an 18yo, and a 16yo raped her, and somewhere in between she exposed herself to everyone.  And permitted them to do drugs there.

I think there have been cases of dads doing similarly gross stuff around their older teen children and their older teen friends (except for getting raped, maybe).  I am not sure where the felony is.

People with that age difference have been known to get married - legally.

The victim has to agree in this case a crime was committed.  If she woke up and consented then there is no crime to charge.

I agree. But did she? Who's going to know? It's at least plausible. 

p.s. I'm not saying he's guilty -- that's a matter for the court to decide. But I could easily see him getting charged if she claimed it was not consensual. 

I'm not sure if "consent after the fact" (if she did in fact ever consent - it is not clear) makes a rape not a rape, but that is a whole other discussion.

In this case the mom has declined to provide evidence so they cannot prosecute the 16yo.  I agree with their decision to not prosecute under these circumstances.  But I still think a rape was in progress when she woke up (according to the mom and her daughter's statements).  Scary that people consider the 16yo the victim just because of his younger age.  A 16yo is old enough to be a rapist.

PS I hope the daughter at least dumps the boyfriend.  Ick.

I'm not sure if "consent after the fact" (if she did in fact ever consent - it is not clear) makes a rape not a rape, but that is a whole other discussion.

In this case the mom has declined to provide evidence so they cannot prosecute the 16yo. I agree with their decision to not prosecute under these circumstances. But I still think a rape was in progress when she woke up (according to the mom and her daughter's statements). Scary that people consider the 16yo the victim just because of his younger age. A 16yo is old enough to be a rapist.

PS I hope the daughter at least dumps the boyfriend. Ick.

I am not sure what is confusing. The mother has not said she was raped and the details we are know are very sketchy. If she woke up and yelled "Ride me! Ride me like I am going someplace!" then no, there won't be a rape charge or even the possibility of one.

The daughter is the one that suggested he visit mom so the family is just chock full of winners.

I agree. But did she? Who's going to know? It's at least plausible.

p.s. I'm not saying he's guilty -- that's a matter for the court to decide. But I could easily see him getting charged if she claimed it was not consensual.

Correct, but as far as we know she hasn't said it wasn't consensual in her mind, and my guess is we won't be hearing much from her on the matter.

I am not sure what is confusing. The mother has not said she was raped and the details we are know are very sketchy. If she woke up and yelled "Ride me! Ride me like I am going someplace!" then no, there won't be a rape charge or even the possibility of one.

The daughter is the one that suggested he visit mom so the family is just chock full of winners.

snrrrk!

(and yes, I absolutely agree)

Generally, yes, based on the age of consent laws in Georgia.

What felony do you believe was committed?

I don't know Georgia law in specifics.  The article states that the first two times you're charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, it's a misdemeanor, which to me implies that after that it's a felony.  Unless there were only 2 minors there (the daughter and the boyfriend), then someone made a decision to stop that charge at 2 counts.  If she possessed and distributed weed to the individuals at the party, that's also a felony in many jurisdictions.

In addition, unless she happened to pick the  It's pretty likely that there were 15 year old there.  One 15 year old and the naked Twister becomes something else.  

Finally, I imagine that there are laws about exposing yourself to minors.  

I saw this last night and my jaw dropped. And yet, I want to be more surprised instead of just horrified - but the poor judgment of people never ceases to amaze me. Grown women competing with their teen daughters and seeking them as peers is on my list of bad, bad parenting.

BTDT......it took sending our teen out of state for 6 months to break the hold.  Behavior almost as bad (worse in some aspects) as the behavior in this article.  And mom was engaging in this behavior with her daughter when she was 13 and younger.

Stefanie

I don't know Georgia law in specifics.  The article states that the first two times you're charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, it's a misdemeanor, which to me implies that after that it's a felony.  Unless there were only 2 minors there (the daughter and the boyfriend), then someone made a decision to stop that charge at 2 counts.  If she possessed and distributed weed to the individuals at the party, that's also a felony in many jurisdictions.

In addition, unless she happened to pick the  It's pretty likely that there were 15 year old there.  One 15 year old and the naked Twister becomes something else.  

Offhand, I don't believe the contributing charge becomes a felony based on the number of participants.  I believe that is only the case when someone has previous convictions under that charge,

The weed charge could be a felony but again that is based on quantity, and I am guessing the evidence has went up in smoke.

An exposure charge would still likely be a misdemeanor.

We have no idea if 15yos were present or not.  Her daughter is 16, the boyfriend is 16, and at least one other guest was 18.  It is very possible there was no one there under the age of 16.

My son wanted to go on an unspecified 'adventure' after co-op today. I took him on one lap around a park then dragged him home. I then fell into an intense coma-nap for four hours. I felt a little guilty when I woke at 10 p.m. in a haze (Dh held down the fort without waking me.) I feel more like Mother of the Year after this article.

Sure, but is it a felony?

And, if the age of consent to have sex is 16, I don't see how the age of being allowed to see an adult's parts could be less.  I'm assuming nobody is arguing that it was forced on anyone, but of course I wasn't there.  :P