Menu

Is paypal going to take my money?

J'swife

I sold some stuff on e-bay and it was shipped media mail.  It was mailed on March 26th and was in Iowa around the 6th, the buyer opened a case against me and then the next day it was in NJ and was delivered to NY today.  Paypal shows that The funds are not available while this transaction is being reviewed by eBay.  I am afraid they are going to refund the money on items that were delivered.  I just contacted them and also asked the buyer to close the case.  Ugh....anyone dealt with this before and what happened?

• Like 1

If you have proof of delivery, paypal should rule in your favor.

Yes, they should. Be sure to add the delivery confirmation to the open dispute case, and also immediately call PayPal and let them know you now have proof of delivery. Hopefully the rep will be able to take care of the problem for you then and there, but if nothing else, you will alert them that there is new information for them to review.

Let us know what happens. Good luck!

Ok, I talked to both Paypal & Ebay and they both assured me that they would not take my money back and that I could call on the 14th if they buyer did not respond and they would intervene.  It shows on both accounts that it was delivered.

• Like 1

If the Buyer actually received what was purchased, in the package that was delivered and the buyer is honest, you should have no problem.  However, a proof of delivery of a package is NOT proof that the recipient received what was sent. On one occasion (which will not be repeated!) I purchased on eBay, from a Seller in China, Speakers for my wife's Sony Ericcson W300i Walkman cell phone  When I got a notice, I went to the local post office and I signed for the package. After I got home, I opened the package and discovered that there were no Speakers inside the package. Everything else was perfect. The eBay Seller had a good reputation, so I assume the package was opened somewhere between China and Colombia and someone took the Speakers. 

Because of that experience, now, I only buy from Sellers located in the USA and I have everything sent to our Receiver in Miami, FL, USA.   They make the first check for me, that what I ordered is what I received and that it appears to be in good condition.  However, for example with the 2 Refurbished Laptops we bought on Amazon in 2014, they don't actually try to verify that something works properly.

In the case of the Sony Ericcson Walkman speakers, eBay and/or PayPal refunded the money I had paid.

There was another eBay purchase, in 2014, where my money was refunded.  I had purchased two (2) replacement Laptop batteries, from two (2) different eBay Sellers (one in NJ laptopz-outlet which is installed in my laptop as I write this) and one from a company in CA that wasn't recognized by our laptop.  Since we are in South America, the cost of me returning the defective battery to the seller was prohibitive. That battery and shipping was approximately $16 total.  I asked eBay  to do what they thought was fair to the Seller and to me, since I could not return the defective battery to the Seller in CA.  They refunded 100% of what I'd paid.

I have also filed a couple of things that cleared up. One a week or so ago, where the eBay vendor was slow in getting the item to the USPS and then the USPS screwed up (First Class Package) getting it from CA to FL.  That item (and others) will be delivered to our house next week and after I test it, I will give them positive Feedback and clear up that issue.

If a Buyer does not notify eBay or Amazon about an issue with a Seller, promptly, they lose their right to do so.

I hope your  Buyer is honest and received what was purchased in the package that was delivered!

Ok, I talked to both Paypal & Ebay and they both assured me that they would not take my money back and that I could call on the 14th if they buyer did not respond and they would intervene. It shows on both accounts that it was delivered.

That's great news -- you must be so relieved! :hurray: