Menu

I have a garage full of supplies from a retired teacher

Mandylubug

My Aunt is a retired teacher. She retired over a decade ago but held on to all her resources. Obviously, she put SOOO much money into her classrooms. The sheer amount of math manipulatives is amazing.

I have been opening up boxes all evening! I will have to figure out how and where to keep the items I do want to keep and then I will let my good friends pick through what they want. After that, I will have a yard sale. My aunt said I could sell whatever I wanted and keep the money. In return, I am hauling away any trash, old worksheets, etc.

She taught in the 80s and 90s. I could do a full out 80s/90s classroom in my garage, including books, curriculum, manipulatives, bulletin boards. It has been SO NEAT opening up and reliving my school days. Even the wooden tangrams still smell the same as I remember :D All I need now is the white sweet mint smelling glue paste and I would be set!

ETA: Any tips for yardsaling these items? Since everything is old, I was thinking most books would be .05 to .25 each, manipulatives that are still functional, like new 5 bucks a set, etc. I was going to just announce tons of FREE items as well like the bulletin board decor, etc.

• Like 5

yes, I am a member of a homeschool association in our area. I was going to haul it all to the used curriculum sale next month but I don't want to inventory it all and put tags on it. So, I think the yardsale will be best. I figured I would email about it within our yahoo group. 300ish families are in that group.

That is so cool! Your aunt is very generous! :hurray:

She really is! I have played with so much today! I'm excited about adding all the games. Some very vintage games. I found a set of multiplication musical RECORDS. Wish I had a record player. They look awesome

Also, there are SO many workbooks, miniunits and resource books provided. Of course they are meant to be reproduced for classroom use. However, I am considering letting my kids write in the books and use them as workbooks. They are free books but I still cringe at the thought?! I suppose because I feel like then they aren't usable by anyone else. I just need to get over it, I suppose. I could really use the enrichment activities to add to our days.