Menu

Anyone doing SOTW 3 this year?

Closeacademy

Just wondering if I am alone. There were quite a few doing 2 last year and I just wonder if any one else is along for the journey. We start in October.

Thanks.:001_smile:

Oh, yes! We're trying out TOG right now, and using SOTW 3 for my 10 year old. However, he's been a bit overwhelmed with the reading, so I'm going to go back to reading SOTW aloud, and having my 8 year old listen, too.

TOG does not schedule all of the SOTW 3 chapters; plus, some weeks they schedule several, and some weeks few, or not at all. I'm going to take advantage of those weeks that they are light on SOTW3 to read aloud some of the chapters TOG doesn't schedule.

We are using SOTW 3 and 4 which is incorporated to Sonlight World History Part 2.

We are on our 1st week and all is going great. It usually takes us some time to get our new schedule tweaked.

My children told me they would do any program as long as it included SOTW. We used MFW Rome to Ref. with SOTW 1 and 2 last year. They seem to retain more with the information in SOTW than with any other program we have used. :001_smile:

We're using SOTW 3 this year because it picks up just about where my kids left off last year when they were in a private classical school. I'm really not sure what my ds6 should be doing other than trying to pay attention to the stories. I try to read part of one chapter per day & then my ds8 re-reads it to himself sometime during the day when I need to focus on ds6. Then we discuss. So far, I haven't been able to incorporate the activity pages into our days......I'm a little overwhelmed since this is our first year of hs'ing. Although today I did act out Mary Queen of Scotts' execution for the kids ('cuz I'm a former Eng. Lit major & LOVED this period). Being boys, they loved it and I was happy I had extra info to add in.