• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

If you take a bit less than the recommended amount, you might be able to bypass weird dreams.

I've been giving Nan 10 mg, and it works like a charm.  Sadly, she is not able to speak of her dreams or if she has any.  Maybe it's the best experience of her whole life.

• Like 4

Life is full of unanswered questions.  Like, " How is it possible that a freaking paid editor does not know to put a comma before a conjunction joining two independent clauses?"

This is my monthly exercise is in bleeding eyes.  And frustration.

But it results in the monthly deposit of an amount roughly equal to our monthly health insurance premium. So there you go.

• Like 5

Life is full of unanswered questions.  Like, " How is it possible that a freaking paid editor does not know to put a comma before a conjunction joining two independent clauses?"

This is my monthly exercise is in bleeding eyes.  And frustration.

But it results in the monthly deposit of an amount roughly equal to our monthly health insurance premium. So there you go.

Can I do this job from home?  I puffy heart love editing.  Hook me up.  Cuz I need another thing to do. :leaving:

• Like 4

I was reading a Facebook thread, and this lady was saying something in a reply.  I will never know what it is, though, because of the lack of commas.

She said, "Amy when I wanted to marry Paul the priest at the catholic church would not marry us because they did not agree with divorce and I had been divorced. "

That was copied and pasted from the comment so it is exactly as written.

Her dh is not named Paul.  

Commas save marriages because people should not try to marry priests or people who are not their husbands.  

I am forever in the dark because I cannot ask if she was trying to marry Paul and gave up or if Paul was the priest.

Commas save lives because I might kill myself if I cannot understand the above quoted sentence.

• Like 6

I would probably implode and self-destruct if I was not able to spout out this random nonsense on this thread.

I love you all, man.  <best drunk voice>

P.S.  I don't drink or take mind-altering drugs, sadly, so I am not actually going to take Nan's Ativan.

• Like 6

Can I do this job from home?  I puffy heart love editing.  Hook me up.  Cuz I need another thing to do. :leaving:

I am a contract writer-theoretically, I write content.  The company has full-time paid editors (with benefits!)  Because of the quality of the full-time paid editors (with benefits!), I now post-editor edit ALL of the content that goes out from our little corner of the universe (because my boss asked me to and he's really nice and I couldn't stand to see the mess they made of my work.) And it pays for our insurance.  So I'm really grateful. Well, most of the time.

• Like 2

I was reading a Facebook thread, and this lady was saying something in a reply.  I will never know what it is, though, because of the lack of commas.

She said, "Amy when I wanted to marry Paul the priest at the catholic church would not marry us because they did not agree with divorce and I had been divorced. "

That was copied and pasted from the comment so it is exactly as written.

Her dh is not named Paul.  

Commas save marriages because people should not try to marry priests or people who are not their husbands.  

I am forever in the dark because I cannot ask if she was trying to marry Paul and gave up or if Paul was the priest.

Commas save lives because I might kill myself if I cannot understand the above quoted sentence.

This makes my eyes bleed.

Now imagine that some idiot really-nice-but-poorly-educated person had already edited that mess.  And was being paid for it (with benefits!)

Bring margaritas.  And real, close-to-the-border salsa.

I make homemade salsa.  :D

This makes my eyes bleed.

Now imagine that some idiot really-nice-but-poorly-educated person had already edited that mess.  And was being paid for it (with benefits!)

This hurts me.

My favorite...

Let's eat grandma.

Let's eat, grandma.

Punctuation saves lives.

While we were on vacation in the state capital I bought a magnet for the white board. It says (and forgive the language, but I couldn't resist):

GRAMMAR

The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

• Like 6

I don't believe that people actually make their own salsa unless they share the recipe.

Canned tomatoes, fresh jalapenos, fresh raw garlic, cilantro, fresh onion, chipotle peppers (from a can).  Blend it all in a food processor and refrigerate.  If you like it hot, put more jalapenos and onion.  Boom!

• Like 4

Important information alert.

My inside kitty loves canned green beans.

(And, yes, that also means that I am feeding my family canned green beans tonight.  It's somewhat vegetal.  Sort of.  [DD considers S&W green beans to be a "treat." Seriously.]  After an entire day of editing, I poured myself a glass of wine. Do y'all think that's sufficient for dinner?  I mean, grapes are good, right?)

• Like 2

Oh, and Tex had a question.

Do any of you remember a PBS show for the short people called "JoJo's Circus?"  There was a mom on there.  I liked her.  She would make a great avatar. But, five years later, I still haven't figured out how to do that. :wacko:

(Hmm. I use " :wacko: " a lot. Maybe that should be my avatar.)

• Like 2

Oh, and Tex had a question.

Do any of you remember a PBS show for the short people called "JoJo's Circus?"  There was a mom on there.  I liked her.  She would make a great avatar. But, five years later, I still haven't figured out how to do that. :wacko:

(Hmm. I use " :wacko: " a lot. Maybe that should be my avatar.)

YES!  The kids and I remember JoJo's Circus!

• Like 1

Please note that the scorpion (in the Mason jar) has passed away.  He was given a proper burial at sea* as he deserved.  

*flushed that sucker down the toilet after prying him off the bottom of the Mason jar with a knife

:smilielol5:

• Like 1