Menu

Help me pick a "country" style bathroom sink

Jennifer132

We are building a house, and it has a bit of a country feel to it. Our cupboards are shaker style with breadboard and they are white. The counter tops are a beige-ish Quartz. So now I need to pick sinks for the bathrooms. Problem is, when I look at sinks alone, just the basin, they all look the same to me...when I see them with faucets and counters, I know what I like though. So please help me pick a country/vintage style sink (I don't want anything that is wall mounted or pedestal since I need the cupboard space in the bathrooms) and faucet! Bonus points if you can also find me a kitchen farmhouse style sink with two basins and a utility sink for the laundry.

Can you link to any of the ones you've considered? Do you have a price range?

I haven't really considered any. I just know I don't like modern, nor do I like "granny" sinks like sea shells or something. ;)

As for price, I haven't really looked at what they range from, but I'm not looking to spend a fortune, nor do I need to be too frugal. How's that? Clear as mud? :)

Many options here for double sinks:  http://www.vintagetub.com/kitchen/kitchen-sinks/farmhouse-sinks.html I have a single bowl fireclay sink in my kitchen that I absolutely love.

It's harder to find options for bathrooms because typical vintage would be a small stand alone type.  Often the sink can be constructed of the same material as the counter-top.  I have an old antique sink I've carted around for years and have never found the "spot" for it.  It is a marble top with an undermounted white porcelain round sink.  Nothing fancy.  In your bathroom, unless you find something you just love, I'd shoot for an understated sink.  You can make it more vintage like by picking faucets that have the look.  

• Like 1

Do you have room for something like this? Lots of storage space & I really like that it looks more like furniture than cabinetry. 

I like the undermounted ones like this link...........easier to clean.  I am seriously all about easy to clean.  I have no decorating sense at all.  I just hate to clean :-)

• Like 1

My bathroom is very tradtiional, not necessarily country.  I have shaker style cabinets.

I bought my sinks off Craigslist for 15.00 in the box. (( it is a 187.00 sink and I got three of them for $45.00)

I love them, but agree w ith Ottakee that I much prefer undermount sinks for cleaning and just counter space. 

They are Kohler brand.

post-4584-0-64436900-1425589943_thumb.jpg