Menu

wearing pajamas to divorce court!

AMJ

Well, it's official, my best friend is now divorced.  To add a fun element: she officially got divorced in her pajamas!  They live in southwestern Colorado, which is being quite heavily snowed upon.  Both my friend and her now-ex were snowed in at their respective homes, so they did a 3-way conference call with the judge for their final divorce hearing today.  The entire hearing took less than 15 minutes.

Woo hoo, it's party time!  :party:

Awesome. Congrats to your friend.

Thank you!  And I love your signature.  Beautiful example of what statistics actually mean, and so very very true.

:biggrinjester:  Why be normal?!

Can't speak for the original situation, but perhaps the celebration is due to the fact that it had been a long, painful ordeal for OP's friend and they are celebrating the end of the suffering.  Also, they may be past the grieving part and celebrating moving on to a new chapter.  I don't think it is right to tell other people how they should feel.   

I guess I'm a little confused about celebrating a divorce??  I mean, unless the guy was abusive or cheating.  Even then, it's still kinda a sad thing, isn't it?

I celebrated mine. It was a great relief for it to be over because it took so long. I was a little sad that such a major event in my life ended in failure, but I was ready to move on and live my life the way I wanted to live it.

I celebrated mine. It was a great relief for it to be over because it took so long. I was a little sad that such a major event in my life ended in failure, but I was ready to move on and live my life the way I wanted to live it.

I guess I did, too.  My ex was a horrible abusive cheater.  I was glad when we got a divorce.  

The post just sounded strange at the time to me... not sure why.  Maybe because it was the friend posting, not the actual person...  I don't know.