Menu

Nerve tremors after chiropractic treatment-anxiety related??? Help!

happyWImom

Help!  My dd suffers from lots of intestinal issues, as well as anxiety & OCD.  We took her to a chiropractor last week and she had a pretty mild adjustment.  She was nervous (she had had one other treatment 2 years prior from another dr. that scared her) prior to the treatment.  Immediately after being adjusted, she started to have these full body tremors, teeth chattering, etc... It went on for about 20 min.  Scared the life out of her.  Chiropractor thought it was caused by anxiety.  The next afternoon, we were riding in the car, singing-same thing happened.  Last night, she was watching t.v.  Again, same thing.  

I can't believe this is just anxiety.  I'm taking her in to see her pediatrician, am wondering if a nerve was damaged, or what.  The chiropractor said she used very light pressure, didn't think she caused this.  I'm wondering what the ped. will do, because if it's nerve damage, will that even show up on an xray??  We're leaving for our first trip to Disneyworld next week.  Ugh.  My poor dd is so upset because she wants to know why it keeps happening and if it's serious.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I had those symptoms during my panic attacks.  Vitamin B has been the wonder drug for me.  I have not had an attack since last July (I used to have several a day and they would last for hours) and my anxiety is way down. I have never been diagnosed with a vitamin B deficiency but really, I could have saved myself years of misery.  

Her regular dr. was out today, but I was happy with the one she saw because she was very pro-active.  She did a pretty thorough exam, and everything seemed normal except one slight thing with her knee/knee strength, so she wanted to consult with a ped. Neurologist.  She gave him the run down & even though he also said it was probably okay, he wanted to rule out a neuro problem, so we're doing an MRI.  But, the ped. did say she really thinks my dd should see a psychiatrist and have a full evaluation.  We like our therapist a lot, but she's a psychologist, and obviously can't prescribe meds.  Also, they had dd (and all of us) fill out lots of in depth questionnaires when we first started seeing her, but I don't think it was a full evaluation like they want done.

I made the mistake of getting online this morning to look up tremors & the like and the thought of it being simply anxiety (even though it's horrible for her) over all of the other horrible diseases is reassuring.

Thanks for all of the support.  It helps to know she's not alone.  I wish I could find some sort of group with kids her age that have similar issues.  She feels very much alone and feels somethings "wrong" with her. :(