Menu

Team awards on transcripts?

Enjoyinglife365

I had a section labeled "Extra-Curricular Activities" where I would list things like this. For your example, I would have done: 

Extracurricular Activities

FIRST Robotics Club, FRC Team xxxx, 2012-2015;  Excellence in Engineering Award (2014 World Championship); Chairman's Award (2014 North Carolina Regional Championship). 

i wouldn't worry about them being team vs. individual awards on the transcript. 

I didn't put any awards, community service or certifications on my son's transcript. He did have a resume/brag sheet on which we listed all of his extracurriculars and activities, and he listed team and individual awards there.

As it turned out, he didn't end up sending the actual resume to any schools, but he found it very helpful as a reference when filling out applications. When space was too limited to list everything, he would pick and choose.

We put team awards in the extracurricular description which I attached to their applications. We did paper applications. It made it so much easier for me to organize all of the documentation. But, had ds applied to MTU which does not accept paper applications, he would have mailed his additional documentation which they do accept, so again, not on the transcript, attached to his letters of reference likely.