Menu

Question about Lials math series.

WHERE are the answers to the EVEN questions???????

I love the series.  I am only in the Alg 1 book but love it so much I bought Pre Alg, Alg 2 and trig.

Love it!!

But where are the answers to the even questions!!  Not in the Solutions manual (unless it is certain parts)

Why would an author even make questions without the answers???

enlighten me!!

Is there a TM I need to get??

What brought this up is the need for a review of Alg 1 during the year of geometry

I think answers only might be given to the evens in the TM, but I don't have it to be sure. Whenever we needed extra problems and did evens, I just worked them myself. I know, that doesn't help.

There are so many odds, the need to do evens just doesn't come up all that often.

Answers to the evens for reviews and tests are in both the book & solutions manual.

ETA: If you don't get a definite answer, PM Jann in TX or cross post this on the high school board.

Some of the even answers are in the back of the textbook - it depends on what kind of problem set it is.  I only have Basic College Math and Algebra 1...but I'm looking at the algebra 1 book and the answers for the "regular" sections are just odd #s.  But, the chapter review exercises, chapter tests, cumulative review exercises and summary exercises - those all have the even and odd # answers in the back.  

My daughter (using Lials Alg 1) doesn't do the even #s usually, but my son (using BCM) has needed to do some of the even #s for him to get enough practice.  So, that would've been nice if they had the answers to both even and odd in the back.