Menu

On-line schools in MN?

Here are some online high schools, all of them take students from around the country: 

Alpha Omega Online (Christian, not accredited)

The American School (accredited)

Bellhaven University High Scholars (online dual enrollment)

Florida Virtual School (accredited, pricey for out of state students)

George Washington University Online High School (accredited)

Indiana University Online High School  (accredited)

Keystone Online High School (accredited)

Liberty University Online High School (I don't think they are accredited, but I"m not sure, Christian)

Mizzou Online (University of Missouri) - accredited high school, also dual enrollment

Stanford University Online High School - (accredited, GT, must meet minimum testing scores)

Texas Tech University Independent School District (not sure about accreditation, but site states students earn a Texas high school diploma)

University of Texas Austin Online High School ("state accredited")

Veritas Press Scholars Academy (not accredited, Christian, "diploma program")

On the list above with Alpha Omega, I think this link goes to the Christian accredited academy called Alpha Omega Academy

http://www.aoacademy.com/our-program/curriculum-comparison.php

It uses "Ignitia" instead "Monarch", but it's the same publisher, different name for academy vs do on your own. (or from all I can see that's what I think.. reserving right to be wrong)

There's the Alpha Omega product that is online, Monarch.  Then there's the Alpha Omega Academy which is an online school. (accredited) and I don't have any experience with it.

Here are some online high schools, all of them take students from around the country: 

<snip>

Texas Tech University Independent School District (not sure about accreditation, but site states students earn a Texas high school diploma)

<snip>

DD has been a TTUISD Middle School student since October 2012.  It is unusual, because it is an ISD (Independent School District) accredited the same way as the Dallas ISD, the Houston ISD, the San Antonio ISD, etc.  To earn a High School diploma from a Public High School in Texas, there are new laws, which began with 9th graders in the 2014-2015 school year.  Also, there are far fewer EOC (End of Course examinations) required under the new law (HB 5) in Texas.  TTUISD is regulated by TEA (Texas Education Agency) as are the other public school districts in Texas.  TTUISD "Online" courses are Asynchronous and one must buy traditional textbooks for their courses.

The OP is in MN and I have no idea how the free (paid for by the state) K12 or CA courses work there, but in general, the things I have read about K12, (free or paid) here on WTM and  on Home School Reviews, are very negative. That applies to other schools owned by K12 also. Some seem happy, but the majority seem to be very unhappy.

The cousin of the OP should do a lot of research, before signing up.

Oh my! Looking at all the options I MN, I had NO idea there were so many options! I passed the info. onto my cousin. One of the on-line schools is through a town about half an hour away from them. 

Thank you everyone for your assistance. I appreciate the time and effort you each took to help. :)