Menu

thin hair

Night Elf

As someone with straight fine hair, there is no product that will make me look like I jave Kelly LeBroc's hair. However, I do use pantene shampoo and conditioner and mousse to build up what I have.

Fine hair is different from thinning. I don't know what would work for that.

Do you have fine hair or thin hair (not much hair). What length is it? What else do you put in it (gel, spray, etc).

I don't know about the OP, but my hair is both thin and fine--tiny little strands and not that many of them, comparatively speaking!--so if you have advice for either, I personally would love to hear it.

The best I've been able to do is to blow dry my hair upside down. I use Frizz Ease shampoo and conditioner, and no mousse/hairspray/what have you. I don't spend much time on my hair; my usual hairstyle is combed out and hanging loose. Since I blow dry it upside down and have for years, it gives the illusion that I have a somewhat normal volume of hair, though it's pretty obvious that I don't if I pull it back in a ponytail or up in a clip. When I do pull it up to exercise, I have to use elastic bands that are sized for little girls' hair, because the ones for adults are way too big. And most clips are too big--I use children's versions of those, too.

Do you have fine hair or thin hair (not much hair). What length is it? What else do you put in it (gel, spray, etc).

This is for my son. He currently uses a dandruff shampoo because a dermatologist recommended it due to his bad acne. It's a a combo (2-1) of shampoo and conditioner. He doesn't use any other products. His hair is all one length, shoulder length.

Not that I've seen. Conditioner softens but it weighs down. The best natural lift comes from regular washing following your body's time table (oil weighs it down too) and either blow drying or air drying it in such a way that it gives it a slight lift. You can extend that lift with products (gel, etc.) at the scalp. 

The joys of fine hair.